Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Blazer wont start, makes no noise, all lights come on (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/blazer-wont-start-makes-no-noise-all-lights-come-37080/)

crazyboy81 11-24-2009 06:34 PM

umm what are eyelets on the wires? I feel silly. Cos i broke one connector off the small wire and replaced it with a standard one and cut the bigger connector so it would rotate a bit when putting the starter back in. Before and after it still wont start.

jstutzman 11-25-2009 04:31 PM

I believe that if the fuel pump relay is bad, you will not hear the fuel pump come on. You could pop the relay out and see if the fuel pump sound goes away at start up but im pretty sure if your hearing fuel pump, the relay is working. Im having the same issue with my started on my c1500. The stupid thing will pass at autozone all day long, then two days later i hit the key and it just clicks. After two or three tries, it fires right up and will work fine for a while. One thing i was gonna try is to clean up where the body of the started meets the truck as i believe this is the path to ground when the starter is activated. If you figure it out, please post your results. It could also just be a bad intermittent starter.

bornla 11-28-2009 12:32 PM

It's your "ignition lock cyclinder, believe me, that's one thing that I didn't would be the problem, when it happened to me; after spending time and money on an ignition switch. Believe me, 100% that's your problem.

jstutzman 11-28-2009 01:14 PM

bornla, can you give us some info on the ignition lock cylinder, im having a very similar issue with my truck.

swartlkk 11-28-2009 07:57 PM

If you can turn your key to all positions, then the cylinder is doing its job.

RonJon 11-28-2009 08:27 PM

Your starter relay is in the underhood fuse block, it's near the maxifuses. There should be a map inside the cover. You can try swapping it with the HDLP PWR relay to see if it fixes the problem. If you have a test lamp and the skills of a contortionist you could try clipping a test light on the small wire on the starter and ground the probe and see if it lights up when someone hits the key. (probably safer to pull the starter out and check for voltage but you can assess that for yourself heh) I know you've replaced the ignition switch and cleaned the terminals, other thing you could try is check the engine side of the ground cable for a good connection.

bornla 11-30-2009 10:47 AM

Sorry but that's not the case here. His "start up" mode is not engaging, it just clicks!!
Which tells me,that that part of the lock rollers are just about gone (very common on blazers....good try!

xXplosiive 12-03-2009 09:32 PM

Sorry bornla, you were wrong but thanks for the help anyways. Jstutzman, I had my blazer towed to a mechanic yesterday, and they said that the starter was bad..even though it passed at least 4 different times at autozone, like you are saying yours did. I was hesitant to buy a starter and replace it since it passed at autozone, but I figured that I could trust a real mechanic working in a shop rather than someone who works the cashier at autozone. So I bought it, replaced it, and she fired right up and has started without any problems multiple times since. Wish I would have known that autozone could be wrong about a month and 150$ earlier. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.