2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer Wont Start, Need Help

I do not need a PM reminder of your posts. If you cannot wait for us to respond on our free time, I suggest you go to someone whom you will be paying to get this advice/help.

If you have verified that you are getting the proper injector pulse to the motor and you are getting proper fuel to the injectors, then it would make sense that the injection spider may be at fault. I am not too sure I would replace it without popping off the upper plenum, reconnecting the fuel lines, and turning the motor over with a poppet nozzle or two in a glass jar just to make sure that is the problem.

If you do decide to replace the spider, get the new MFI spider. I did not need a new bracket for my 2000 Bravada, but from what I understand, most 1996 models do and some 1997 models as well. I got a good price for this spider straight from my local dealer parts counter. You can run a search on this and find the PNs for everything, including the bracket.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 AM
hebelracing38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I will tare into that soon. Also the last time I had the upper plenum off, the injector system itself was loose, the bolt that secures it to the intake was not tight, is that normal? And as far as the bracket goes, I have the 98 so does the stock bracket come off then, and I guess it must/maybe fit the new system?

UPDATE, Ok, I went and pulled out three of the six nozzels from the intake, put them in jars, and cranked the motor several times. NO FUEL, notdrip, not drop, not even the smell of fuel.

UPDATE II , Installed new MFI Spider, and guess what, IT RUNS NOW!!!!!!!! Thanks to all who have assisted me in the repair and diagnosis of this problem, and she runs like a champ, only thing I need to figure out is I seem to have a air leak somewhere, II think it might be coming from where the injector harness comes through the plenum, used same gasket, maybe was too old, ofh well runs for now.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal and yes, it is normal for it to be loose. It has to move to center on the upper plenum.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Is that how it goes with those old style injectors, is it common for them to just burn up?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Not all of them. Maybe you got something past the filter that clogged up the screens in all of the injectors...

Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Yea the filter looked real old, maybe the orginal, idk had 108K when i bought it.