2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Broken Quick Connect at Fuel Pump (EVAP hose)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 PM
porkfriedrice is on a distinguished road
Default Broken Quick Connect at Fuel Pump (EVAP hose)

First of all, sorry for all the fuel pump posts guys. So today was my second day on my fuel pump replacement on my 2000 Jimmy. Finally have the tank out and cleaned up a little, letting it dry before continuing. Getting it out was a PITA. I ended up cutting the vent/filler hoses, so I will have to get replacements at Napa tomorrow. I had told myself I would be patient with this job since I have a week off, but I still ended up breaking one of the quick connect fuel lines that connect to the pump. The one I broke is the middle one for the EVAP system. I couldn't figure out how to disconnect it, since it is different than the other two. I was using needle nose pliers to try to get it off, and broke the connector. It will no longer lock into place. According to GMpartsgiant, you have to buy the whole set of lines to get this one part, at a cost of almost $100. Do I have any other options? There's only one or two junkyards in the area, I'll check those out.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
spittybays

Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service - Chevy HHR Network See if you can track the guy that answered on there forum. He seems to have a bunch of posts. https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...s-fixed-63397/
Found this it might help,

Last edited by spittybays; 08-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Called four junkyards, none have this part. Dealer wants $150 for the lines, you can't buy just the part I need. Looked at fuel line repair kits at Napa, guy there suggested trying one of the fittings that look like the ones that connect the feed/return lines to the pump. Those don't work either. Looks like I am screwed and have to spend $150 for a small piece of plastic. Anyone have any other ideas? It is part #9 in this diagram:

Name:  nGFahl.png
Views: 3300
Size:  50.4 KB

Edit: In the link that Spittybays posted above, the quick connect fitting that I broke is the same as #3, squeeze to release.

Last edited by porkfriedrice; 08-29-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:56 AM
spittybays

No way to getto it up with some brass tube like on Pettyfogs?
Is it on that curved section on #9...no fuel goes through that just vent gasses?
If that's it why not try to find some other form of flex tubing to mate them up.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 PM

After wasting too much time looking for a connector, I ended up just using a piece of hose and a couple of clamps. Since it's not under pressure, I figured it would be okay.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
spittybays

Excellent! Stopped trying to find "factory solutions" a long time ago.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Starting Member
Spree is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by porkfriedrice
After wasting too much time looking for a connector, I ended up just using a piece of hose and a couple of clamps. Since it's not under pressure, I figured it would be okay.
Mine snaps on but comes off easy. Nothing to worry about, just leave it be. It shouldn't bother how it runs.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Spree
Mine snaps on but comes off easy. Nothing to worry about, just leave it be. It shouldn't bother how it runs.
Yep, haven't had any problems so far with the hose and clamps. Granted I've only driven it about fifty miles, but I don't think there will be a probem.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:25 AM
96blazr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by porkfriedrice
Called four junkyards, none have this part. Dealer wants $150 for the lines, you can't buy just the part I need. Looked at fuel line repair kits at Napa, guy there suggested trying one of the fittings that look like the ones that connect the feed/return lines to the pump. Those don't work either. Looks like I am screwed and have to spend $150 for a small piece of plastic. Anyone have any other ideas? It is part #9 in this diagram:

Edit: In the link that Spittybays posted above, the quick connect fitting that I broke is the same as #3, squeeze to release.
I need your help i need to know there I can get number 8. All help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-03-2023, 02:35 PM
Beginning Member
OrangeMango is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96blazr
I need your help i need to know there I can get number 8. All help is greatly appreciated!
Did you find where to get #8? Mine looks nasty and might be where my evap leak is from.

Quick Reply: Broken Quick Connect at Fuel Pump (EVAP hose)