2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

a/c condensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
2doorblazer is on a distinguished road
Default a/c condensor

Hello all i am new here. I have a 1998 2 door blazer an my a/c condenser needs to b replaced an i am not sure how to do that . Do i have to take the radiator out an it comes out that way .Or do i take the grill out. I will b doing this in the next week. i want to get it done b4 it gets hot so my kids r cool ! thanks 4 any help thanks 2doorblazer

Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck!!! If I remember correctly, you're gonna have too remove the whole pass. side fender and all that good stuff thats in the way just to get to it! I had to remove the whole Blower Motor Housing and from that point it seemed like the easiest way to replace the condenserit self.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should not have to remove the fender. The condenser is in front of the radiator. If you were talking about the evaporator (what is in the HVAC housing), then yes, removing the fender would make it easier.

As far as removing the condenser, I do not believe that you have to remove the radiator. I would pop the grill out and have a look at how it is mounted. I think it is between the radiator and the core support so you will definitely have to remove the upper radiator shroud/support.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member
2doorblazer is on a distinguished road

ok thanks i will look at it after i take the grill off an go from there thanks 4 ur help