2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

A/C leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Codeman1313 is on a distinguished road
Default A/C leak

I have an 02 four door LS and the freon levels were very low. I serviced the system and the line just started spewing all over. Im not sure about the names of all the parts so please bear with me. The filter(?) where you service the freon, the line coming from the front of the filter and going all the way across the engine is the one that is leaking. Its leaking on the outside of the line at the junction where it rubs up against another plastic part. My question is can I just change the junction or does the whole line have to be replaced? I am assuming that the whole line would be easier to change. Also, the technical names of this line and the estimated cost would be much appreciated. Any help is needed guys. Thank you

Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Whole new line.

You will then want someone to pull a vacuum on the system and add the appropriate amount of PAG oil back into the system. For the best performance, have the system vacuumed down, purged with nitrogen, then vacuumed down again. This will get the most "air" out of the system and leave it prime for the refrigerant.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Do you know how much that will cost????

Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really depends on the shop and their hourly charge.

Book time to replace the hose (unless you were going to do that yourself) and to vac the system and refill with R134A will be around 3 hours. That is not including the mandatory pump down time (or shouldn't), but some places do not go by the book on those things.

You can call around and ask how much it would be to pull a vacuum on the system and then recharge it.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 PM

Is there a technical name for that line???