2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Chevy Blazer Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 AM
93Miata is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Chevy Blazer Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Yay!

I got the remote in the mail today.

Anyhow, programming took maybe 15 seconds? Its amazing that a dealership would charge for something that can be done so quick, especially after already sticking a customer with the retail price.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the 96 I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the 99 and a pair for the 96. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:14 AM

I got the 2nd order of remotes in today.

I confused myself a little when trying to program the 2nd remote to the 99 because I didn't finish reading. I was programming the new one, but de-programming the first remote. After like 3 tries, I decided to read the whole sheet and found that I had to program them both together.

Now I have 2 remotes for each car which makes life a lot easier. Hopefully these won't end up in the washing machine like the last ones!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:25 PM
jmm3312 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,

We have a local merchant here in Tulsa, OK that orders them directly from the factory. I can provide you with their phone number if you wish to look into them and maybe they might deliver directly to you where you reside?

Here is the name of the company and their address and phone number....I am having the same problem, so good luck finding what you need!!!

James

BATTERIES PLUS
918-627-1600
6554 E. 41ST ST.
TULSA, OK 74145-4518

Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 AM

Hmm...thanks for the heads up, but I'm set with the remotes now. Batteries Plus sells remotes now...or just batteries?

Old 10-22-2005, 08:50 PM

I noticed 2 of the ebay sellers are booted on ebay now - Eagles_Wingz and Sunsetcoverd.

Seems they both just disappeared after a bunch of people paid them.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 AM

On another forum, somebody mentioned that they had pretty badly limited range with their remote, but if they aimed the remote at their chin, they could get the car to lock and unlock from about 80 ft away.

I tried it when I was headed back to my car from the mall today, and it works...lol. Probably will get brain cancer now...but it about triples the range.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting...

Old 11-10-2005, 06:51 PM

I read up some more on it, and I guess it uses your head like a focus antenna or something. I tried to use other things like putting the remote on the side of a light pole, but that doesn't help - just something weird I guess.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
FarkDaNarc is an unknown quantity at this point

now this is funny, i always thought the people that did this were retarded. now im the retarded one.

ORIGINAL: 93Miata

On another forum, somebody mentioned that they had pretty badly limited range with their remote, but if they aimed the remote at their chin, they could get the car to lock and unlock from about 80 ft away.

I tried it when I was headed back to my car from the mall today, and it works...lol. Probably will get brain cancer now...but it about triples the range.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:32 AM

Welcome to the club! lol

Quick Reply: Chevy Blazer Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions