2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

cranking good, no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Beginning Member
drewsblazer is on a distinguished road

alright i tried switching them but no change any other ideas?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did the horn work after switching them ?

also did you check the ground and connections of the pump

Old 09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Beginning Member

the horn does still function. i will be checking the wires next

which are more common to fail? the wires inside or outside the tank?

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-07-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

By far the ones outside the tank are more prone to failure.

On a '95, there is also an auxiliary pump power connector under the hood near the brake booster. It should just look like a single wire running into a connector. If you apply +12V to this wire & the pump still does not run, then the problem is one of three things, a faulty pump, or wiring damage on either the +12V feed to the pump or the ground source to the pump.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member

any reason this wouldnt be fuel pump related? maybe due to the fact that i didnt gap spark plugs? or not having ac delco plugs?

I just checked the wires and there all in good shape and also threw in some AC delco plugs and gapped correctly but still running like poop

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-07-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Improperly gapped plugs or bad wires wouldn't typically cause an on-again, off-again condition.

You stated that when it wouldn't start, you couldn't hear the pump. We have to assume that by making such a statement, when it does start, you can hear the pump. That means that it is something malfunctioning in the fuel system.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Beginning Member

So I swapped out the fuel pressure regulator and took her a spin but still no change I don't know where to go from here

Old 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Are you listening to what we are saying?

Why did you do that? Was the fuel pressure leaking down? If so, did you isolate the pump as described in the tech article to definitively determine that the leak was at the fpr?

Do you like wasting your time/money? Because I know I don't...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member

well its going to the shop tomorrow so hopefully they'll be able to figure it out

Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Beginning Member

shop told me its the spider injectors sticking so ill take a stab at that tomorrow

Quick Reply: cranking good, no start