Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Do I have a ZR2? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/do-i-have-zr2-9718/)

komodopb 03-30-2007 05:45 PM

Do I have a ZR2?

I know this will sounds very, very stupid to many, (make fun if you must) but I'm not sure if I have a ZR2. I've only had the car for about a month or so. To make a long story short, someone said the largest tire the Blazer comes with are s p235s, when I checked I have P265s. I just found on some site that the 2004 ZR2 comes w/ P265/70R15s. After reading some more I realized that my Blazer has the carbon fiber skid plates along with the black fender guards that only came with the ZR2 - oh yeah, and it's the Sunburst Yellow. Also, my Blazer has a really high stance compared to everyone elses. The reason why I never thought this was the ZR2 is that there is no badging on the rear quarters and the dealer didn't mention anything about it. Is there any way to check the VIN number? Could you buy these options and not have the ZR2 package?

swartlkk 03-30-2007 05:54 PM

RE: Do I have a ZR2?

Have a look at the RPO label on the glovebox cover. If you see the RPO code ZR2, then you have a ZR2.

hillbillyinOhio 03-30-2007 05:54 PM

does it look anything like the blazer at the top of the page in the blazerforum heading???? If so, then yes

komodopb 03-30-2007 05:57 PM

identical except it's yellow and no badging on the rear.

Thanks.

Zygoat 03-30-2007 07:21 PM

congradulations you have a zr2 welcome to the club and the fourms

Blasir 03-30-2007 11:00 PM

Congratulations is right. Double congratulations that you don't have any stupid cartoon 4X4 stickers on your truck. I have been sort of keeping an eye out for a "blank" ZR-2. Much nicer lookingwithout all the extras. You don't have any tubing running boards do you?

Zygoat 03-30-2007 11:53 PM

i got the same thing a zr2 but no badging, black and sneeky

komodopb 03-31-2007 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Blasir

. You don't have any tubing running boards do you?
Nope, no running boards, but I wanted to throw some Westin side bars on it next. This was definitely like finding gold when I looked underher today and saw those bilstein shocksand the ZR2 code in the glove box. I thought I got a great deal on the truck to begin with, now I know I did. The GMC dealer must not have known this was a ZR2. Now my next question is, how do I lower this to look like an Extreme? ...just kidding

Blazin_Jason 03-31-2007 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: komodopb
Now my next question is, how do I lower this to look like an Extreme? ...just kidding
That's not funny.[:'(]

lemon blazer 03-31-2007 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Blasir

Congratulations is right. Double congratulations that you don't have any stupid cartoon 4X4 stickers on your truck. I have been sort of keeping an eye out for a "blank" ZR-2. Much nicer lookingwithout all the extras. You don't have any tubing running boards do you?
What's wrong with the tubing running boards? I was thinking of installing a set, I personally like the looks of them.