2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Electrical Problem - Blazer!! 4x4 won't work!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Problem - Blazer!! 4x4 won't work!

OK - So I have a couple electrical problems with my Blazer... And it's getting me very frustrated!!!

1st of all, my 4x4 button doesn't work. For all of you not familiar with the Chevy setup, there is a 2wd, 4wd HIGH and 4wd LOW button. The light next to the button lights up when you are in that particular gear. There is also a light on the dash that lets you know you are in 4wd... WELL - the 2wd light isn't on and I can't switch it out of 2wd...

2nd of all, my dome light isn't working and I can't get it to work...

3rd of all, my under the hood light doesn't come on when I open the hood.
I've checked the fuses for the lights (interior lights, and hood lights) and the 4wd switch, as well as a dozen or so other fuses that had something to do with lights or interior functions...

I just replaced the bulb under the hood and still nothing...

Can these problems all be related? Any suggestions that I can try before getting up and going to the shop?!?

Thanks!
Matt[/align]

Old 08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Electrical Problem - Blazer!! 4x4 won't work!

*Moved to Gen Tech - 2nd Gen Tech*

Please provide your vehicle information in your signature and attach it to all of your posts to help us out when attempting to diagnose your problem.

Do you have the AUTO 4WD feature? If not, please check out the DIY section for information on pulling codes from the TCCM (transfer case control module).

Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 AM
dodadew is an unknown quantity at this point

Simple guess that worked for me.The Crtsy Lamp Fuse. Just did it on a friends.Pulled the fusebecasue dome light was stuck on. Put it back in just to testand now the4wd works lights up and works again.OddI think.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:13 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I don't get a light on my dash when I'm in 4x4, so his must be a '95 - '97... Unless it's a US thing...

Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible that the CRTSY lamp fuse is either blown or removed, however, if the 2WD light is illuminated, then the presense of this fuse is not influencing the 4wd.

It is quite possible that the switch itself is bad and not sending the appropriate selection to the TCCM.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to check the crtsy fuse... Not sure that it has much to do with the 4x4... Maybe the dome light though...

I have no light next to the 2wd, 4hi or 4low... I'm guessing it could be the switch...

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

ORIGINAL: dodadew

Simple guess that worked for me.The Crtsy Lamp Fuse. Just did it on a friends.Pulled the fusebecasue dome light was stuck on. Put it back in just to testand now the4wd works lights up and works again.OddI think.
You are the man!!! That was the problem, one lousy 10amp fuse... IT'S FIXED NOW!!!

Thank you so much!!! You saved me a BUNCH of aggravations!!!

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combining consecutive posts - Please try to use the EDIT function to add additional information to your posts rather than creating a new post. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks!

Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

I guess that's what I get when I reply with a migraine...[&:] LOL Sorry, I misread your original post to mean that your 2wd light was on, but nothing was responding.

Glad you got it fixed and that it was something easy.