2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Engine Stalls when hot outside - NO mechanics can figure out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

wouldn't the pistons come out at 10000 rpms =P

Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Beginning Member
frustrated_chevy_girl is on a distinguished road

LOL ya i put too many zeros on that! Hey Im new here!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So then did they say that it is idling between 500 & 1000RPM? If so and it is a stable idle, then that sounds about right. If it is bouncing around and all they did was install a new IAC valve, it could be a dirty bore that is causing it to bounce.

Still, they sound like they are just draining your wallet with no real direction in properly diagnosing your problem(s).

Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by frustrated_chevy_girl
LOL ya i put too many zeros on that! Hey Im new here!

just saying not to make fun of any body but yea lol that mechanic is trying to take advantage of you tho

i think you should bring it someplace else

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Beginning Member

drove home from work today and he didn't stall on me. which really doesn't mean anything because it doesn't happen every time i drive. happens maybe 1 out of 4 times. i took a video when i got home and i was idoling in the garage. is this normal? when they said that their computer can't open up the valve, does that mean that it was useless that they put that part in? im so confused right now. debating writing a letter to the owner...thoughts/suggestions/HELP!

‪115855158509839 15695‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Idle does seem high. Is your A/C on? Sounds like the compressor kicking on and off in the background. Is it any different with the A/C off?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Beginning Member

nope the air wasn't on. it does make a clicking noise...its always done that when it idles. thats not good huh?? it didn't idle this high before the mechanics!

what do you guys thing...think it needs a new EGR valve?? (Im Youtube'ing now and saw another video similiar to mine...)

Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 PM
janddcunningham is on a distinguished road

Agree that is a high idle. What kind of mechanic are you using hope it is not a dealer. I found a local garage and checked them out on the BBB so far he has done me right on mine because like you i live the gus lok

Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM
BF Guru

shes idling high and it do sound like your ac compressor is kicking on .

any ways i wouldn't be trowing random parts in her till you find out the problem.

by any chance when she stalls do the truck loose power to your dash radio ac/heat?

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 07-22-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member

No everything else works just the engine power dies

Quick Reply: Engine Stalls when hot outside - NO mechanics can figure out!