Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Evap IM (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/evap-im-91521/)

johnnylovsey 03-20-2016 11:32 PM

Evap Leak

Your rite lots of research some help from those that know and some real good tools.I edited the post before this to show exactly what and the order it is asked one thing didn't ask if it was 4 wheel drive.And the BCM should have more control over outputs from what I read of Captains post on the BCM.It should control the horn not sure if my Tech II does that though it should and the head lights as well as the day runners.when you command the output to turn them on you can here a relay clicking by the head light switch but no headlights at all day runners same thing here the relay but no response on the light going on.I wonder On the set up for my vehical it says as I put in the last post LD Trk,MPV,
Incomplete.Also got a couple of good pic,s of the leak while being smoked under ultraviolet and then with my Dewalt 18 volt spot light to show the line rely well where is leaking but the best pic is the ultraviolet marks the leak on the money.Don't know if this site lets you post pic,s but if I buy a sim card for my phone and the site cooperates I will post the leak for you to look at.

johnnylovsey 03-20-2016 11:49 PM

I believe I have the correct vehicle in the choices of the tech II because I went through them all one at a time and the one that works 16 pid,s is L and it also worked the bay test so I could smoke the system but wasn't able to find the pin leak.And yes passed emissions it cleared on a day 60 degrees + and I am sure that is why.Just the temp difference.One more thing I found a patent article about a smoker that uses baby oil as does mine that they have patented the use of UV DYE in the smoker as it turns to smoke the dye particles travel through the smoke and find any leak if one is available in the evap system or air brakes as well.This patent is on a tool just like mine a sealed unit with a 12 volt heating element baby oil as the fluid of choice and for there UV DYE I read that it had a flash point of 400 degrees and the boiling point was 500 degrees I think that was what it was I have the article bookmarked and the UV DYE they sell at all the parts stores is Auto Pro UV DYE and its flash point is 382 and its boiling point is 480 close enough to work in my smoker I think but just encase I will keep it some distance from the car and see if I can find that pin hole this way.You should really get one now there only $319 out the door that's the Tech II not the Kustome Smoker that's $150.00 out the door and if for any reason you don't like either one check out with Paypal and they will get your money back guaranteed.And that smoker is equivalent or better then the expensive ones just scotty Kilmer On U Tube video the Kustome Smoker.One more thing speaking of good tools won't be loosing any more stored memory because of having to remove the battery. Schumacher Inc-7A-OBD Industrial Series Memory Saver plugs into the DLC and keeps your memory in tact so you won't have to go through the evap situation I did this winter because of memory loss and IM,s resetting.

johnnylovsey 03-21-2016 07:34 PM

The Pic,s Evap

I am not sure If they will copy to this site but you can look them over if it does.The flash light pic is bright enough that if you look close enough at the top of the vent line connector there is a little puddle that is the dye coming out because it is being smoked at that moment under pressure And then the ultraviolet pic showed the dye a little better its the blue droplet at the top of the connector starting to grow in size.In trying to drop the pic it seems to take the hole post just for one so I will post both of them on a separate post for each and then why don't you do some house cleaning I have tried a number of times but only you the moderators can clean up all of this 16 pages of learning and even some nonsense.I tried to erase it all after getting all I could from some of the post but they just return after I remove them or I would clean all of it up so I could start fresh now that I have a sense of how it works and don't. Your rite Captain its popcorn time.

Captain Hook 03-21-2016 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by johnnylovsey (Post 663085)
the moderators can clean up all of this 16 pages of learning and even some nonsense.

:icon_lurk5: Naaaa, wouldn't dream of it.

pjf1313 03-21-2016 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 663087)
:icon_lurk5: Naaaa, wouldn't dream of it.

Hey - don't hog it all!! Give me some :D!
Now I need something to wash it down with!!

I, as a newbie, learnt a lot from this post.

If "johnnylovsey" DIDN'T post all of his results, and "new" tools(toys?!), many of us, or lurkers, wouldn't have a clue - or even worse, a pocketbook!

PLEASE, keep it up/as is!

P.J.

Captain Hook 03-21-2016 09:18 PM

I worked too hard scooping up 47 different "threads" to make one big pile!