2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel lines on upper intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Beginning Member
rasputinlv is on a distinguished road
Default fuel lines on upper intake

Guys. I'm trying to take off upper intake. Seems like those 2 fuel lines are holding it, I took of the braket that holding them, but looks like something holding them inside. I did unbolt them form the place close to firewall.
How do I pull them out or what do I need to do to frre up upper intake.
Thanks an advance/.
my blazer is 98.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need to pull the small nut on the top of the injection spider and then pull the lines out of the spider. The spider itself is connected to the lower intake and will not come out with the upper intake plenum.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member

Which one is injector spider? that big black plug with wires, and when i pul on intake looked like it's going to stay?
Actually I have another question, it's about TDC-I need to align notch on crank pulley with notch on the timing cover, but crank pulley has 2 notches, which one do I need to align?
thanks for help

Last edited by rasputinlv; 10-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The wires and the fuel lines feed into the main body of the injection spider. Yes, that part stays when removing the spider. You have to remove the electrical connection as well.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member

yes, i did remove connector.
Do you know why I have 2 notches on crank pulley and which one to align with notch on the timing cover to get to TDC.
thank you very much for help.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Administrator

EDI Engine Timing

This and much more information is at your finger tips. Just a search away!

Old 10-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for help.
Everything came off. Now I replaced lower intake gasket and installed lower intake. Distridutor giving me problem. In "Timing" article step 4 is not clear for me. It doesn't want to align with mark 6 when fully sitted. I don't know how to get to oil pump drive shaft and what to rotate, or even thats what I need to do. Also my new disrtibutor doesn't have white mark to align with the hole.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Administrator

You have to reach down through the lower intake to rotate the oil pump drive to the same orientation as the slot on the bottom of the distributor when the rotor is aligned as shown. You do not have to have a paint mark, you can orient it as shown in the top view of the distributor as seen in that same image.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Beginning Member

OK, I managed to put old distributor exaclty how it was, but it's not pointitng at 6 and did not before, TDC was set before I puplled and stayed like that all the time. It's about 1in before 6. When I put new distributor in, it points almost exactly to 6. Which one shell I go with?
Thanks for help.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Are BOTH of the marks on the balancer aligned with their respective marks on the block/timing cover as described in the EDI Engine Timing thread?

Quick Reply: fuel lines on upper intake