2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Headlight conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road
Default Headlight conversion?

I been searching this site and others for awhile but have not come across anything but is it possible to swap the square head light for the rectangle ones? If so does it require modding the harness to fit? How hard do you guys think it would be?

Old 12-12-2009, 08:25 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

what exactly do you mean?
Do you want to go from the sealed Beam headlights to the composite?

Old 12-12-2009, 09:02 PM

Um I not sure what ya mean by sealed and composite. In a nut shell I want to put your head light/grill on mine 97 blazer. Get it?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Oh I see. I think you have to buy a whole new radiator support because the grill and the lights have to be supported differently. Do a search, you'll find a plethora of threads on this topic.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

sealed beam = square

composite = rectangle as you were calling them.

to do this swap you will need a doner car.

all you need to change is the radiator supports (to hold new lights), headlights (duh), corners (again, duh), grille (or go grille-less), and possibly the bulbs (if the composites are shot).

enjoy.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
sealed beam = square

composite = rectangle as you were calling them.

to do this swap you will need a doner car.

all you need to change is the radiator supports (to hold new lights), headlights (duh), corners (again, duh), grille (or go grille-less), and possibly the bulbs (if the composites are shot).

enjoy.
No grill means no corners, no corners means tickets.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

NAY! no grille means no MOUNTED corners. the lights will still lay there and blink as needed. wont impress the ladies but it will get you buy....

Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
what exactly do you mean?
Do you want to go from the sealed Beam headlights to the composite?
this is why you should always include what you're workng on when posting a question to the forum.

we don't know you, don't know what you're driving, or if you're doing this for a friend's vehicle or what.

you're new here, so it'll come in time.

meanwhile, you can ad this info to a "sig" (that'd be a signature) in your "User CP" located in the upper left corner of every screen.

it'll be alot easier (on you) to aquire a whole parts truck, rape what parts you need, and sell the rest of it (whole or parted out). but definately buy a new rad support, they tend to be the first thing that'll rot out on any truck.

GL with the conversion. post some pic's of your work, before, during, and after.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:24 AM

Sorry about the lack of info. I been on Jeep Forum for almost two years now I was just in a hurry when I made my OP.

From the sound of it this is gonna be a pretty simple upgrade. As far as the rad support will there be any fabrication needed or is it simple bolt up?

Looks like I got me a pretty simple plug and play mod here.

As far as the parts go. I live about ten minutes away from several Junkyards and they are full of blazers.

I will be making a build thread on here today or tomorrow. Its gonna be juicy. headlight conversions supercharger and probably an axle swap will be in the works. Along with some audio stuff

Old 12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JRob238
Sorry about the lack of info. I been on Jeep Forum for almost two years now I was just in a hurry when I made my OP.

From the sound of it this is gonna be a pretty simple upgrade. As far as the rad support will there be any fabrication needed or is it simple bolt up?

Looks like I got me a pretty simple plug and play mod here.

As far as the parts go. I live about ten minutes away from several Junkyards and they are full of blazers.

I will be making a build thread on here today or tomorrow. Its gonna be juicy. headlight conversions supercharger and probably an axle swap will be in the works. Along with some audio stuff

no fab needed, it'll all bolt up. just be sure to cut off as much wire as possible when taking the harness from the doner truck.

and what super charger are you gonna use? i've been looking for a Whipple charger for years (very hard to come by since they stopped producing them so long ago).

Quick Reply: Headlight conversion?