2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Beginning Member
Rudex is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!!

I am in need of some advice ,I've been searching and searching here

My problem my 02 chevy blazer stalls after 15 mins or so of running , driving
And all of sudden it stalls I've been towed home a couple times today .
And when I get it back home it starts up again

Okay it starts and runs for 15 mins tops and it stalls
In the middle of the road high traffic
Can't seem to get it to fire
It kranks fine but if I over krank it the battery dies
I check the fuel pump . I hear the fuel pump making its noise seems to be ok
I check all the fuses I took out ECM B fuse to make sure

Please if this sounds like something you have encountered and found what it was
Let me know before I hire some idiot to further damage it
Miles on it are 195k

iMessage me @ matchaval@me.com
Please

Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Any check engine lights? Knowing the codes would go along way to diagnosing. Is it temperature related? Does it run fine till it reaches operating temp? The times you were towed, did it have long enough to cool off until you got home?

Sometimes electronics that are on the verge of failure will work ok until they get heat soaked, then fail. My father-in-laws car was doing something similar. Ran great first thing in the morning, or after sitting for a couple of hours, but after 20-30 minutes would sputter and die out under any kind of load. Finally turned out to be a bad MAP sensor.

I don't think your '02 has a MAP, I want to say it is mass airflow. But there could be another component that is failing when hot. Is there an autozone within 15 minutes of you? LOL. Get the codes, and I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable than me will help you out.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Thager is on a distinguished road

how full is the gas tank , maby your fuel pump is over heating ?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Any check engine lights? Knowing the codes would go along way to diagnosing. Is it temperature related? Does it run fine till it reaches operating temp? The times you were towed, did it have long enough to cool off until you got home?

Sometimes electronics that are on the verge of failure will work ok until they get heat soaked, then fail. My father-in-laws car was doing something similar. Ran great first thing in the morning, or after sitting for a couple of hours, but after 20-30 minutes would sputter and die out under any kind of load. Finally turned out to be a bad MAP sensor.

I don't think your '02 has a MAP, I want to say it is mass airflow. But there could be another component that is failing when hot. Is there an autozone within 15 minutes of you? LOL. Get the codes, and I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable than me will help you out.

Yes exactly if the engine is hot it does that and when it cools down its starts up again

Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

coils can do that when they heat up. Pull the spark wire off the coil,then lay it back in it,but dont "click" it. Have someone turn it over and see if you hear it clicking/sparking.

Ofcourse do this when shes throwing a fit.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Beginning Member

What is a "coil" your referring too?? A ingnition coil?
Where is that located??

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Starting Member
Chic_Bowdrie is on a distinguished road

I don't have your problem, but if I did I would get the codes read at a parts place or buy a scan tool. Assuming your SES indicator light on. You didn't say. I did a lot of work getting my Blazer up and running after sitting for 3 years. Could not have done it without reporting the codes here for people to help me.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

The ignition coil steps up the battery voltage to fire the spark plugs. There are seven wires coming off the distributor. Six of them go to spark plugs. The seventh wire, which is at the back of the distributor cap, goes to the coil. Follow that wire and it will lead you to the coil, which should be right next to the throttle body on top of the engine.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member

Hello all and thanks for the help. I just decided to replace the fuel pump. I ordered the expensive part today. I live in a very remote area in northern Manitoba , Canada
Only way in is by plane and by winter roads . So I m not able to take it in to a auto part store. No certified mechanics around lol

Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
spittybays