2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by matthewsjeremiah1983
I am in the midst of the fuel test at the filter, I had to plug in to the inbound side of the filter and I got 60 but as soon as the pump kicks off it’s down to 40 so I believe the pump is bad and I need to change the filter as the fuel that came out of it was dark looking
I know they’re more expensive but Delphi or AC Delco only on that fuel pump or there’s a good chance. You’d have a lot of heartache, especially given what a pain in the **** changing the fuel pump is.

if that map sensor still under warranty, you make want to consider exchanging it

George

Old 05-27-2024, 05:30 PM
Beginning Member
matthewsjeremiah1983 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I bought a O Reillys brand a year ago so I am gonna spend the money to get a AC Delco pump, and I will change the MAP to AC Delco as well

Old 05-27-2024, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah I bought a O Reillys brand a year ago so I am gonna spend the money to get a AC Delco pump, and I will change the MAP to AC Delco as well
Good plan

George

Old 06-27-2024, 09:35 PM
Beginning Member
mrgaskill is on a distinguished road

Ive struggled with similar on procuring parts recently. Primarily sensors/connectors. I have an Amazon Prime account (and a Walmart too) and I am absolutely FLOODED/BOMBARDED with weird *** brand names from China. Based on research it seems a lot of people get burned out by using non-OEM. I realize there is a cost savings at purchase. The non-OEM parts generally are quite a bit less expensive.

I’m new to all of this. But Im parting out a tune up kit for Blazer, and was aghast with all the different knockoff brands out there. I’ve read nothing but horror stories on people’s experiences with them.

I’m sure mileage varies. If I can at all possible, I will only use AC Delco/Delphi.

Last edited by mrgaskill; 06-28-2024 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2024, 05:23 PM
Beginning Member
Default Finally Got back to Fancy

Well I finally got back to work on the 2001 Blazer “Fancy” just put the new AC Delhi starter in, but I had to buy a Delphi Fuel pump for it as the AC Delhi one I ordered still hadn’t shipped and it had been over a month, so replacing it is next on the list.. Hopefully after that I hope that it doesn’t run rich anymore but if it does I will be troubleshoot the rich condition the PCM thinks it has..

Old 07-12-2024, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran

Well I finally got back to work on the 2001 Blazer “Fancy” just put the new AC Delhi starter in, but I had to buy a Delphi Fuel pump for it as the AC Delhi one I ordered still hadn’t shipped and it had been over a month, so replacing it is next on the list.. Hopefully after that I hope that it doesn’t run rich anymore but if it does I will be troubleshoot the rich condition the PCM thinks it has..
Keep us posted and will get you fixed up.

George

Old 09-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member
Default Started back on the 2001 Chevy Blazer

I have finally started back on the Blazer, I got the distributor replaced, fuel pump assembly replaced with new fuel filter, and replaced the starter for a 3rd time and before I start to figure out the fuel trim issues I need to fix the P1345 code. Right now my camshaft retard is at 48, so my question is do I need to remove the distributor again to reset it closer then adjust it from there or just try to bring it back in from where it is now?

Old 09-01-2024, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran

Your distr is off by at least one tooth, the hold down adj depending on your soluition is around 15 degrees max. You will have to recheck your distr position.

George

Old 09-02-2024, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member
Default Finally

I got the distributor reset so now the Cam Shaft retard is set to 0. But I have the dreaded P0300 return, I think due to the PCM trying to compensate for a rich condition. Below is some of the brief screenshots from where I ran it this afternoon.

Old 09-02-2024, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran

Please revisit post #8.

Both of your lt fuel trim numbers are zero. Have you been power cycling the engine computer?

George

Quick Reply: Help please