Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   How do I remove single injector from spider (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/how-do-i-remove-single-injector-spider-88374/)

rockjock29bc 01-06-2015 06:25 PM

So funny side note my spider injector got in to napa today re-manufactured $250 Canadian I was all excited picked it up took it out of the box and put it in its clip pluged in each single injector Was going to start putting everything else back on and realized they never sent the big orange gasket with it :( and I have to buy the whole air intake gasket set for $60 instead of the one gasket i need cause all the other ones are fine. Damn Napa

rockjock29bc 01-08-2015 08:53 PM

Ok so it wasn't my spider injector and Midas sucks. I put it in put it all back together and its still running the exact same idle very choppy wants to stall but but will stay running unless I rev the engine a few times then as soon as i take my foot off the gas pedal it will stall. originally Midas told me 5 and 6 were not firing at all. It has new water pump, thermostat, distributor cap, rotor and plugs. NEEDS a new rad as its leaking bad. it seems to be blowing steam out my exhaust but I can't see any signs of water in my oil and because i have such a bad rad leak and i'm just constantly putting water in it to work on it (fire it up run til normal temp shut it off again and refill rad) I can't tell if there is any oil in my coolant. I want to think my head gasket is blown because it did over heat after my wife drove it for about 30 klms with out water in the rad at one point. But when we changed the spark plugs I did not notice any water on the plugs. and although there seems to be steam coming out of my exhaust pipe I can also smell gas in there like its burning real rich. Any ideas guys of what else it could be?

Captain Hook 01-08-2015 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't hurt to check the simple stuff. Is the cap wired correctly?

Attachment 30962

rockjock29bc 01-08-2015 09:00 PM

If not my Spider what else blown head gasket maybe?

So I took my truck in for a diagnostic the other day I think all they did was hook it up to a code reader and told me 5 and 6 were not firing and that it was my spider injector. So I replaced my spider injector and it wasn't my spider injector and Midas sucks. I put it in put it all back together and its still running the exact same idle very choppy wants to stall but but will stay running unless I rev the engine a few times then as soon as i take my foot off the gas pedal it will stall. originally Midas told me 5 and 6 were not firing at all. It has new water pump, thermostat, distributor cap, rotor and plugs. NEEDS a new rad as its leaking bad. it seems to be blowing steam out my exhaust but I can't see any signs of water in my oil and because i have such a bad rad leak and i'm just constantly putting water in it to work on it (fire it up run til normal temp shut it off again and refill rad) I can't tell if there is any oil in my coolant. I want to think my head gasket is blown because it did over heat after my wife drove it for about 30 klms with out water in the rad at one point. But when we changed the spark plugs I did not notice any water on the plugs. and although there seems to be steam coming out of my exhaust pipe I can also smell gas in there like its burning real rich. Any ideas guys of what else it could be? It defiantly feels like its only running on 4 cylinders

rockjock29bc 01-08-2015 09:02 PM

yes its definitely wired correctly that was my first instinct but everything is numbered in there so pretty hard to mess that up

Captain Hook 01-08-2015 09:05 PM

Are there any DTC's in memory? Is the check engine light on? Did you try pulling #5 and #6 wires off at the plug and see if they have spark when running? Try 'em one at a time. Is the fuel metering block fully seated upward in the plenum? If not, it will leak vacuum like a big dog.

rockjock29bc 01-08-2015 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 641631)
Are there any DTC's in memory? Is the check engine light on? Did you try pulling #5 and #6 wires off at the plug and see if they have spark when running? Try 'em one at a time. Is the fuel metering block fully seated upward in the plenum? If not, it will leak vacuum like a big dog.

yes check engine light is on and it's reading multiple misfires. I pulled both 5 and 6 wires off at the same time while it was running with almost no change then zapped myself when I tried to put one back on while it was still running lol so I'm guessing its getting the spark it needs and yes the gasket for the metering block almost snapped into place when I put the Plenum back on so I'm pretty sure it's seeded well and thats not the issue. it could be something so stupid like 5 and 6 plug wires are not pushed on to the plug all the way but I doubt it and can't check til I go back out to my truck tomorrow.

LesMyer 01-09-2015 08:47 AM

Better give us a blow by blow detailed history of exactly what happened and what repairs were done at what time. Could be revealing. Getting an engine too hot is never good.

rockjock29bc 01-09-2015 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer (Post 641659)
Better give us a blow by blow detailed history of exactly what happened and what repairs were done at what time. Could be revealing. Getting an engine too hot is never good.

Ok so here goes... I bought the truck 10 months ago and it ran perfect accept for periodically the check engine light would come on and it seemed to be using a lot of fuel the check engine light code was a mass air flow sensor so I replaced it and it ran perfect and had no trouble with the truck until a month ago. when I got a small leak in the rad. I used some rad stop leak to stop the leak and it worked for fine for a while but then the rad started leaking again and pretty bad but i just kept filling rad with water and driving it. but it was still running fine. and it did not over heat.

Then I ran it out of fuel 2 blocks from the gas station of course I put more gas in and it still ran fine and just kept filling the rad as needed because of the leak. but only drove it a little bit cause i couldn't afford a new rad and didnt want to screw it up. i then had to go out of town and work and took our other vehicle while my wife drove the blazer and did not drive very much but had to drive to town one day for groceries she was still checking the water but was looking at the reservoir instead of the rad it self. on her way back from town it overheated and blew the water pump so all the water was just pouring out as fast as it went in and it started running like crap like misfiring idleing very rough almost wanted to stall. she let it all cool off and drove about another 5 klms home and it did not show on the guage that it overheated during that short drive but still ran like crap.

Her dad came over and replaced the the spark plugs distributor cap and rotor fired it up to see if the condition improved and it didn't. when I got back to town I replaced the the water pump that had blown and the thermostat and put in a new fuel filter and again no difference in rough idle. I then took it to Midas for a diagnosis thinking it might be a blown headgasket. and I think they just read the trouble codes and said 5 and 6 were not firing and it was because the spider injector was plugged and dumping fuel into 5 and 6. at the same time i was noticing lots of white smoke coming out of the exhaust that i thought was steam (its winter here and cold so that could be normal) but it smelled pretty gassy. So I replaced the spider injector put it all back together and still no improvement in the running condition. as it was idling I pulled both 5 and six wires off of the distributor cap and it made no difference running on 4 cylinders then when i grabbed 5 and tried to put it back on the distributor while it was running it shocked me. so i turned off the engine plugged them back on fired it up again and then pulled off a wire from 3 to see if that made any difference and it did not. The i plugged 3 back in and pulled the spark plug out of 6 to look for moisture on the plug still thinking blown headgasket and it was dry black but dry. I then started the truck to see if any coolant was shooting out of the port and nothing some exhaust but no water i then plugged in the spark plug and put it to the frame to see if it was getting spark and it was an orange spark. so I have no idea what's wrong also at one point i thought there might be steam or smoke coming out of the air filter housing unit but i did clean all that with sea foam and i think it was just residual burning off cause it seemed to go away.

rockjock29bc 01-09-2015 05:38 PM

To add to the last post I took it back to Midas today to see if they could further diagnose it for me the tech pulled out the three spark plugs on the passenger side and all three were black with im guessing carbon he said the middle was was firing but barely and the other two were to dirty and they were not firing he also said the front was only in about two threads. so if the other side are just as dirty and not firing that could be why its running so bad now. they were also not gaped right. Also they were put in before i changed the spider injector and it improved the running condition for a bit until it started running like crap again so maybe it was the spider injector that made them all black again and not firing properly im not sure i wont be able to tell til i buy new plugs gap them properly and put them in again but if i do all that and it still runs the same what then?