Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   How do I remove single injector from spider (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/how-do-i-remove-single-injector-spider-88374/)

Captain Hook 01-11-2015 09:54 AM

Can't hurt. Try it.

LesMyer 01-11-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rockjock29bc (Post 641800)
I think we are getting beyond my scope I am in no way a mechanic. I just can't afford one so have no choice but to try it all on my own. But other then basic removal and installation of common parts I'm useless.The spider injector was a huge job for me. I might wait til I have a few extra bucks in a couple weeks and try to get it diagnosed again. I don't however think its just 5 and 6 now it's idling pretty low and rough but all the spark plugs I took out were black as hell not just 5 and 6 and they were only a couple weeks old tops it sounds really loud in my exhaust exhaust manifold gasket maybe would that make all my spark plugs black and cause it to run chitty i'm just grasping at straws here. also it does not backfire at all if that helps.

I think you are selling yourself short. Unlike MIdas, at least you are not pretending you know something that you don't. That puts you ahead of them.

Now for some tough love!

If you are going to do anything on this vehicle yourself with the help of this forum, you are going to need to get the vehicle home and in a place where it can be worked on that is much closer than 30km away. I assume you live in Canada and it is cold outside. If you do not have a garage, then either borrow the money to pay to have someone else fix the vehicle or wait until Spring. This is not something you want to do in the bitter cold. Having someone else diagnose, and then you do the repairs SELDOM works out. If it is a vehicle that you need to have running quickly, then you are between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Time to borrow money from family and friends.

That said, the Captain is one of the best disagnosticians you will find for these vehicles and he helps a lot of people if they listen to him. It's not unlike modern medicine. You sometimes rule out the common problems before spending a lot of time/money/effort on diagnostics. This is why he wants you to replace certain ignition parts and check certain things. Don't do some and not others. He has a reason.

As far as a cheap scan tool I personally like the Torque Pro on Android with BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 adapter (from Amazon). Total cost is about $30.

Good luck.

newguy 01-11-2015 01:42 PM

Well said Lesmyer. Dont ask for help and not do what is told to you. Captain knows his stuff. Do what he says and your truck will be running well again

LesMyer 01-11-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by newguy (Post 641852)
Well said Lesmyer. Dont ask for help and not do what is told to you. Captain knows his stuff. Do what he says and your truck will be running well again

I would caution the OP to not get confused by others posting "I did xyz to mine and it fixed all my my problems". Although the fixes people post for their problems are always a consideration, there needs to be a clear strategy for diagnosing a specific vehicle - and clear conclusions that can be subsequently drawn. I have noticed the Captain is one of the few posters that consistently provides this level of discussion. I'm quite sure he does not walk on water, but he does gives dang good advice for an Internet forum. He puts a lot of effort into it and he has a lot of patience with people who are trying to understand.

As far as coils go, they are very easy to check without putting a new one on. Coils very seldom go bad.

Rockjock29bc, Im rooting for you and will be interested to see your video.

rockjock29bc 01-11-2015 11:28 PM

Ok I took a video of me Starting it up and the sound coming from exhaust if you want to have a listen and get a better idea of what im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSw...ature=youtu.be

rockjock29bc 01-11-2015 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 641790)
If you have a scan tool capable of viewing streaming data, posting the fuel trims, (long and short term) would be very helpful. Data at idle, and at 2000 rpm would be great.

That's what I was talking about when I said beyond my scope I'm not sure what that means and yes I agree Captains advice is awesome and greatly appreciated also to add it was P0300 the code that came up. Its 30 klms away at my buddys house cause he has all the tools to work on it there I got nothing but what we don't have is diagnostic stuff. And trust me if I could afford to pay someone to fix it I would but it's just not an option right now and hell I'm sure with your guys help we'll get it figured out.

It started running this crappy right after it over heated so it has to be something in my mind that over heating it can cause so what would overheating cause that would make it run so rough and cause new spark plugs to be black and not want to fire within maybe 1 full day of driving?
we know its not the distributor cap or rotor or spider injector

TZFBird 01-12-2015 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer (Post 641834)
As far as a cheap scan tool I personally like the Torque Pro on Android with BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 adapter (from Amazon). Total cost is about $30.

Good luck.

Do you know if this works on a 95 though? I am having a somewhat similar issue and was helped by the Captain to get it going again. I don't want to steal the thread but was looking at this Bluetooth OBD2 however since I have only found 1 scanner that will connect to my 95, I just want to make sure it works before he or I buys it.
I have been going through OBD2 pinouts and so far my port does not match any that are posted online.

LesMyer 01-12-2015 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by TZFBird (Post 641909)
Do you know if this works on a 95 though? I am having a somewhat similar issue and was helped by the Captain to get it going again. I don't want to steal the thread but was looking at this Bluetooth OBD2 however since I have only found 1 scanner that will connect to my 95, I just want to make sure it works before he or I buys it.
I have been going through OBD2 pinouts and so far my port does not match any that are posted online.

I have my doubts about a 1995. may be pre-OBD2. You can try the Torque Pro forum and manufacturer of the bluetooth device to know for sure.

As I understand it there were 3 configuations that year. OBD1, OBD1/OBD2, and OBD2. First identify which you have and go from there. If you have OBD2 it will only cost you $30 to find out for sure and you can always sell the bluetooth adapter if you don't have another vehicle to use it on.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...ers-95s-31043/

Captain Hook 01-12-2015 04:16 PM

Rock, when you jazzed the throttle, I noticed something that looked like it might be sparks jumping around at the ignition coil. Might have just been a reflection when the engine moved, can't tell for certain in the video. Check it out when it's dark outside, or spray a mist of water over the coil while it's running and jazz it again.

newguy 01-12-2015 05:50 PM

I saw it to Captain