Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   How do I remove single injector from spider (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/how-do-i-remove-single-injector-spider-88374/)

rockjock29bc 01-12-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 641942)
Rock, when you jazzed the throttle, I noticed something that looked like it might be sparks jumping around at the ignition coil. Might have just been a reflection when the engine moved, can't tell for certain in the video. Check it out when it's dark outside, or spray a mist of water over the coil while it's running and jazz it again.

Oh wow I just saw that to I didn't notice any sparks or anything so it probably is just a reflection but i gotta head over there again tonight so ill double check and let you know

Captain Hook 01-12-2015 06:33 PM

If the coil is jumping to ground, it would definitely cause a misfire. Just seems rather odd that only 5 & 6 are misfiring.

rockjock29bc 01-12-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 641954)
If the coil is jumping to ground, it would definitely cause a misfire. Just seems rather odd that only 5 & 6 are misfiring.

They told me 5 and 6 were misfiring before i switched the spider injector also it could have just been 5 and 6 were to dirty to fire as when I changed the plugs the other day all of them were covered in black stuff and the guy at Midas said they were to dirty to fire I also pulled the plug out of 6 and touched it the frame to see what kind of spark it was getting at it was an orange spark but that was with the old dirty plugs not the new ones so i guess that doesn't really tell me much. I also pulled the wire off of 3 well it was running thinking if 5 and 6 are not firing and i take off another plug and its only running on 3 it should stall but it made almost zero difference wich tells me 5 and 6 were firing so I have no clue if what the Midas guy said about them not firing was even true

Captain Hook 01-12-2015 08:18 PM

Are you going back to the vehicle tonight? If so, let us know what you find. Easy to spot stray sparks at night. Either jazz it like you did, or put it in gear, hold one foot on the brake and give it some gas with the other foot. You'll obviously need an assistant for this method. It puts a load on the coil and makes it easier to spot sparks.

rockjock29bc 01-13-2015 12:04 AM

Ok so I did see sparks...i think. not obvious sparks like a sparkler or nothing but when I jazzed it and sprayed mist on the coil I could see a faint glow come from the bottom and back area like you could see some blue electricity but it was a glow coming from around there on or under the coil and only when I jazzed it.

Captain Hook 01-13-2015 07:29 AM

Replace the coil. Shouldn't see a glow or sparks. Might want to replace the wires too.

rockjock29bc 01-13-2015 10:21 AM

Ok thanks Captain I will do that and let you guys know the outcome.

rockjock29bc 01-16-2015 03:27 PM

Sorry guys I can't afford to buy the coil and wires until the 1st but don't worry I promise I'll let you know what happened when I do put em on

rockjock29bc 01-22-2015 03:54 PM

Alright guys here's the update i Put on a New ignition coil today and all new wires and replaced the coolant temp sensor still running exact same as the video. I need to know what to try next...I have a multi meter now if there is anything I can check with it let me know. and how lol

rockjock29bc 02-02-2015 08:20 PM

Ok my fine Blazer friends time for an update on today's adventures with my truck. I took it to a mechanic who came highly recommended from the staff at NAPA for a diagnosis. He thought for sure my cat was plugged and that was the problem so he proceeded to take it off to see what it looked like and discovered it had been hollowed out previously soooo that's not the problem. He did however spend about 3 hours brainstorming with me going over everything he could think of found one thing i forgot to plug back in when I did the spider injector and plugged it back in but that made no difference. He figured it's a major intake leak somewhere and suggests I do the intake gaskets and throttle body gasket and that's where I now sit. So if I ever get around to doing it I will let you know what happens. Thanks again for all your help you guys have been great.