Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   How do I remove single injector from spider (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/how-do-i-remove-single-injector-spider-88374/)

rockjock29bc 03-16-2015 10:43 AM

Well friends Thanks for all your help but. I gave up however and put it on Craigslist as is for 1000 bucks and sold it right away. Sad to see it go for so cheap but I would have kept spending money and time on it and picked up 2006 Cadillac STS instead so I will sink all my money into that instead lol

Pale Horse 04-19-2015 08:11 PM

I'm going to raise this thread from the dead due to relevancy. I broke one of the plastic tubes at the end trying to remove it from the intake manifold. Do you still happen to have any extra plastic lugs?

Jack cole 05-23-2019 11:02 PM

Your intake gasket is leaking . As in your lower intake manifold gasket .

Originally Posted by rockjock29bc (Post 641629)
So I took my truck in for a diagnostic the other day I think all they did was hook it up to a code reader and told me 5 and 6 were not firing and that it was my spider injector. So I replaced my spider injector and it wasn't my spider injector and Midas sucks. I put it in put it all back together and its still running the exact same idle very choppy wants to stall but but will stay running unless I rev the engine a few times then as soon as i take my foot off the gas pedal it will stall. originally Midas told me 5 and 6 were not firing at all. It has new water pump, thermostat, distributor cap, rotor and plugs. NEEDS a new rad as its leaking bad. it seems to be blowing steam out my exhaust but I can't see any signs of water in my oil and because i have such a bad rad leak and i'm just constantly putting water in it to work on it (fire it up run til normal temp shut it off again and refill rad) I can't tell if there is any oil in my coolant. I want to think my head gasket is blown because it did over heat after my wife drove it for about 30 klms with out water in the rad at one point. But when we changed the spark plugs I did not notice any water on the plugs. and although there seems to be steam coming out of my exhaust pipe I can also smell gas in there like its burning real rich. Any ideas guys of what else it could be? It defiantly feels like its only running on 4 cylinders

:icon_toast: simple your lower intake manifold gasket is leaking

drjohn 08-01-2019 07:26 PM

Poor man's guide to cleaning poppet valves.

Originally Posted by 737mechanic (Post 643706)
Here is a link with detailed instructions on how this guy cleaned his own poppets.

Poor Mans Repair Guide For Chevy,GMC Vortec Fuel Injector spider or CSFI System

I've got my spider out, but am stymied at how to get the injectors out of the throttle body. any pointers would be appreciated..