2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hypertech

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:24 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hypertech

I'm thinking about getting a hypertech power programmer 3 for my blazer. My friend has one he is selling so I can get it really cheap. I was wondering if these things are hard on transmissions?? I know they change shift points, would that cause any negative effects to the trans??

Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hypertech

i was wondering the same thing about the chip is it worth it and does it hurt anything

Old 01-19-2006, 01:44 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok here's the scoop. I bought one for my blazer on ebay for 200 bucks (gots to make sure the hypertech program is installed back into the hypertech for it to work on other trucks). The Programmer 3 extends the life of your transmission by changing the firmness of the shift. As your truck is now the tranny shift really smooth and in actually makes the clutch work or slip more wearing down the clutch. When you change the frimness of the tranny it will have less slip and therefore less wear on the clutch. Also the progammer changes the shift points. So instead of changing gears at early or low rpms it will change it at a higher rpm. This will save you gas and time of your 1/4 mile. It feels like you are driving stick awesome. The programmer is the best upgrade besides the gibson exhuast.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:46 AM

Check out the reviews on truckperformance.com
People say its like driving a different vehicle after the install and I agree

Old 01-19-2006, 02:06 AM

The good thing is it reads codes too.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that if the programmer has been used before, it will not work on any other VIN than the original PCM it was used with. Hypertech Programmers 'marry' themselves to the first PCM they update.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Section 3 in the instructions of the Hypertech

You may return your vehicle's computer to its stock programming at any time after using your Power Proggrammer plus. Once this is done, the Power Proggrammer Plus may be used on another vehicle.

I took this out of the instructions to clarify any doubt that the Power programmer could only be used by one vehicle. I bough one used off ebay. The thing is when buying one used is that the program has to be taken off the truck and install the original back on the truck. In otherwords the Hypertech Programmer need to be uninstalled off the truck or it will not work.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks for the clearification. Still, be aware that if the original owner did not remove it from their truck, it will be inoperative when you get it.