2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default keyless entry

so im curious, im sure i can probably go straight to the dealer with my vin and ask, but is there a way to look up what options my jimmy has from the factory based on the vin? i am wondering if it has a factory remote keyless entry but the guy i bought it from just didnt have a fob. he only had a copy of the key and thats all i got, not even an original key.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The RPO code list in your glove box should have an AU0 or other AUx code (x=#) if your truck originally came with RKE.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Beginning Member
swedp is on a distinguished road

hi everyone,i have a ´99 2wd blazer lt. it has a garmin system installed where you use a magnet device to open up the start circuit ,i wonder if anyone know about this system,i feel it it is a bit hard to open up start system.i drive daily so i need it to work.overhere no one knows about it,could be magnet is going to lunch?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how this is relevant to RKE (remote keyless entry)...but you probably should start with Garmin. Knowing the model number of the system you have installed is key in getting to the bottom of your problem. If you still need further assistance from us, please create a new thread with your questions.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator

I don't see how this is relevant to RKE (remote keyless entry)...but you probably should start with Garmin. Knowing the model number of the system you have installed is key in getting to the bottom of your problem. If you still need further assistance from us, please create a new thread with your questions.