Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Loss of Giddyup... Possibly Tranny? Torque Converter? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/loss-giddyup-possibly-tranny-torque-converter-30403/)

Blue4.3 05-10-2009 05:39 PM

Loss of Giddyup... Possibly Tranny? Torque Converter?

Hi all,
Just the other day i started noticing some issues with power in my 2000 Blazer 4x4 with 92,000 on the clock. I was driving down the interstate with 2 other light passengers with me. I live in WV so yes the interstates are quite hilly. When climbing hills it would have a problem doing 65mph. It would kick down to first and the tach would jump to 5,000 RPMs. But the tranny always shifted flawlesly? I run the interstates all the time with passengers and if i ever push it down it will do 80, 90 whatever i need? It just seems like it could be slipping or just loosing power. Also when i backed off the throttle it didn't shift down as quick as normaly, maybe that was just because it couldn,t keep up? Any Ideas... I was thinking torque converter? tranny? possibly clogged cat (power loss)?
Thanks for the help.

bandidolenny 05-10-2009 05:52 PM

What does the tranny fluid look and smell like? Try manually putting the tranny in whatever gear you want it to be in and "feel" for slippage.

Blue4.3 05-10-2009 09:04 PM

Thanks for the reply bandidonenny,
The fluid is ruby red and didn't smell burnt at all, It smelled a little different ( hard to explain) but not burn't. The fluid along with the tranny filter were just changed like 5,000 miles ago. I i changed it so I know it was DEXRON. I took it for a drive, and 1st gear felt pretty strong, 2nd and 3rd just felt weaker, maybe not a slipping feeling but underpowered. Over drive I couldn't really tell because when i pushed it down it would just shift. BUT, I was running it harder than usual on my drive and i got a Service engine light! Goody Went to advance auto and used their OBDII scanner and this is what I got. 5 CODES

PO131
02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor1)

P0151
02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor1)

PO143
02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor3)

PO131
Same thing Just marked Pending

PO151
Same thing Just marked Pending

The alternator was replaced like 2 months ago because it had issues keeping the volts above 14v. The new one doesn't do it as bad but every once in a while I watch that needle dwindle right below the 14v mark.
Is it possible 3 o2 sensors wen't bad all at once?
Could this be related to my power loss issue?
As always thank you all for your help.

swartlkk 05-11-2009 10:01 AM

Those codes can definitely contribute to your condition. And no, it is not likely that all three of the sensors have gone bad all at once. The likely cuprit is a problem with the ground or voltage supply to the sensors.

The diagnostic sheets are posted in the Tech Article (DIY) section:
P0131 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0143 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 3
P0151 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1

Blue4.3 05-12-2009 09:18 AM

Thanks so much Kyle. I'm sure it's going to be a huge PITA trying to track this down but at least now I know where to start.
Thanks again!

swartlkk 05-12-2009 09:32 AM

Once you get through the diagnostic sheets, be sure to post up if you have any questions.