2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Multiple door mounted items not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Multiple door mounted items not working

ORIGINAL: dBsound

When removing the door panel, make sure you find the two bolts that pass thru the door handle. The IDIOT that previously owned mine, took the door apart, and apparently wasn't smart enough to find the two bolts, and RIPPED the door skin off, leaving the bolt hole parts, and the bolts. I'm still occasionally gerry-rigging it, trying to keep it on tight.
What an IDIOT!!! [sm=loser.gif]Lol I did the same thing with mine I didnt know there was 2 bolts so I just yanked on it, I heard it brake then I saw what I had done!!! I only F'd up once though and it still tightens good. On the other door I didnt make the same mistake.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^Your name's not Eric Lines, from Indianapolis, is it?

LOL.

And it's damned hard trying to find something that will fit in the bolt holes, to hold it. I've got two large washers up in there now, but they barely hold it. I'm just hoping it'll hold until it warms up.

I really need to invent some "cone shaped" thingamabob, that will grab the remaining plastic.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.

And it's damned hard trying to find something that will fit in the bolt holes, to hold it. I've got two large washers up in there now, but they barely hold it. I'm just hoping it'll hold until it warms up.

I really need to invent some "cone shaped" thingamabob, that will grab the remaining plastic.
They have... its called epoxy

Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

Epoxy to what? That's the problem. The plastic where the holes WERE, is gone, so there are two BIG holes now. The "tunnels" that lead there are, IMO, the best hope for a positive grab. A small cone, with a bolt hole in the end, would grab the tunnel!

I guess maybe if I completely removed the door skin, MAYBE a washer could be epoxied to the plastic, from the backside.........

Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Starting Member

LOL.

Apparentlly Eric isn't the only IDIOT who did this. In my case I think the epoxy solution could work because the plastic is still there. I've seen plastic welding done before, when I used to work at a bumper repair place. The mounting tabs would break off or they would be completely missing, so they they would have to make the mounting tabs with plastic weld, which is basically melted plastic that you form into what ever shape you need. This might be an option for you.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Beginning Member
Grant Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help with the electrical issue?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is your only problem the windows? Can you lock the doors from the passenger door?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member
Grant Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

The door locks work fine from either door. My Blazer has the window lock feature so that you can control whether the passengers can roll windows up and down. I'm not sure if that is standard, but mine has it and the window lock can be in either position and the other windows still will not work. The will only work from the drivers switches. Thanks for the help!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your master switch (what is on the driver door) has a fault in the window lock out. I would grab another switch from the junk yard and swap it in.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Starting Member

IMO if your windows roll up and down, I would leave it alone. I hate when people mess with my pass. window anyway. LOL.