2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Csmoney28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help ASAP

Both my remotes for my alarm got broken off the key chains and i already lost one of them and its only a matter of time before i lose the other one. I found the original ones but they are made out of cheap plastic and just are going to break again. So i was wondering if i can buy a different remote and program that remote to my alarm. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Need Help ASAP

Stock alarm or aftermarket? Assuming aftermarket, but you provided absolutely no information about your alarm to allow anyone aside from a psychic to answer.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Buy a new one on ebay for cheap, then just swap the internals. No programming required

I have a thread about mine on GM Truck Forum, click!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

nice key wolfpack lol
whered you get it
and i read that duplicating a key thing
now i can maybe get another house key

Old 02-20-2009, 06:34 PM

Yeah this is true sorry about that lol I don't want to bother getting a whole new alarm put in. Just want some better alarm remotes that wont break. The alarm is aftermarket i found out but was installed at the stealership.Is this enough help because i have no idea what alarm is in my truck the stealershipdidn't even know and all the remote has on it isFFCID:ELVAT8B. Any help is great help thanks =)

Old 02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Google "ELVAT8B"

According to THIS SITE your remote is "made for" Audiovox/Prestige/Persuit/Pro.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM

So would i be able to buy any prestige remote and program it ?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator

You need to match the FCC ID.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 PM

How would i know if the fcc id matched it dosent show the on the replacement remotes i dont want another one with a cheap thin plastic bottom thats going to break again sorry for all the trouble =(

Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator

You just listed the FCCID. Any replacement remote will need to be the same FCCID.

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP