2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No heat!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 04:57 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

LOL, yeah that's the small issues getting in the way of some not so important repairs.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Here is a picture showing the access panel on the top of the HVAC enclosure where you can look down on to the blend door.

This the view of the blend-door.

In full heat position. The heater core is visible in the upper, center part of the picture. On the left is the evaporator.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 AM
WillyB is on a distinguished road

Finally got a day off so I am going to check it out shortly.. thankyou

Old 10-13-2019, 02:01 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Just got finished correcting this same issue. Turns out my heater core was allowing coolant to pass through but apparently there was a lot of gunk built up in it. I disconnected both hoses from the core and used a garden hose to flush it out both ways. Black stuff came out for several minutes from each side. I switched sides every few minutes until I got clear water coming out both directions. Now my heat is super hot! I reccomend you try this before going through a ton of time and money, as this was very easy and free. Just fyi. Hope this helps.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:47 PM
bluarewun is on a distinguished road

I'm having the no heat problem too. Both my heaters hoses are cold. The radiator is full to the top. The main output hose above the thermostat is hot and the engine gauges show normal temps idling or driving. Could the hoses coming out of the water pump or intake manifold to the heater core be corroded up and not flowing any water?

Old 10-31-2019, 01:57 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bluarewun
I'm having the no heat problem too. Both my heaters hoses are cold. The radiator is full to the top. The main output hose above the thermostat is hot and the engine gauges show normal temps idling or driving. Could the hoses coming out of the water pump or intake manifold to the heater core be corroded up and not flowing any water?
If that were the case you would definitely have an engine overheat issue. I would start with a coolant flush and fill and go from there, being sure to flush out the heater core itself in the process. Also be sure to park the vehicle with the front end up and toward the passenger side to be sure you get the air pockets out as you refill.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:26 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

You most likely have either a plugged heater core - Isolate the heater core and try flushing water through it in both directions but don't use excessive water pressure OR The system was not bled properly and you need to "burp" or bleed the coolant circuit.

Do hear any gurgling in the dash?

George

Old 10-31-2019, 06:24 PM
bluarewun is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. I took he heater hoses lose from the engine side and had water at both ports from the engine. I'm thinking it is the heater core clogged up. I'm not hearing any gurgling from the heater core. I didn't have any water source to flush it out where I was when I checked the hoses this evening.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Beginning Member
Wild_Thing XI is on a distinguished road

I'm having a similar issue. It starts off heating just like normal, but after 15 or so minutes the air turns cool. I don't hear gurgling in the dash, all the settings work, I just noticed it doing this the last week or two. The heater hoses are hot and warm, so not sure what to think...

Old 12-22-2019, 09:13 PM
WillyB is on a distinguished road

I found the issue after lots of frustration.... Are you familiar with the blend door and actuators behind the dash? If not, I can walk you through it. Let me know

Quick Reply: No heat!