Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   P0300 at idle...just got it running again. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/p0300-idle-just-got-running-again-33882/)

midnightbluS10 08-21-2009 04:59 PM

P0300 at idle...just got it running again.

I just replaced the spider ass'y with one of unknown history. Didn't have the code before the swap, as I replaced mine after breaking the fuel line anchor bolts. The only other thing I changed was the distributor b/c one of the holes that the cap screws to was broken. Misfire was present before I swapped dizzy's. Is it fair to say the spider ass'y is the problem? Anyone know how to remove the poppets from the assembly itself? Thanks!

reelbroke2 08-21-2009 11:09 PM

If its like mine the spider assy. is replaced as a complete unit.Popets can be moved to another cylinder if they reach . Did you hook the cam sensor plug back up on the dizzy?did you install the wires in proper firing order?

swartlkk 08-22-2009 07:36 PM

It is quite easy to remove the poppets from the spider body on the SCFI motors, but I would not recommend it. Nor would I recommend anyone install a used spider even if it came from a known good engine.

I would say that a new spider is what you should be looking to install. Go with the upgraded MFI spider and get rid of the poppet nozzles for good.

midnightbluS10 08-23-2009 09:36 AM

Ok, so I ordered a new spider assembly and bracket from gmpartsdirect.com Gonna do a compression test tomorrow afternoon. I've got to borrow the compression tester from my instructor, as I don't have one. I'm taking Auto Technology at the local technical college. Pulled the plugs this morning. A couple were a little fouled, so I cleaned them up with a propane torch. Getting good spark to every cylider, also.

Oh yea, it's now throwing P0303 instead of P0300. And the SES light isn't flashing anymore, either.

swartlkk 08-23-2009 02:53 PM

P0303 indicates a misfire on the #3 cylinder. Start there with your compression check.

midnightbluS10 08-23-2009 04:32 PM

that was the plan...:icon_couchhide:

midnightbluS10 08-24-2009 05:06 PM

Result of the compression test are in. #3 matched the others to the T. One thing I did notice, which I think confirmed my suspiscion was the end in the spark plug hole didn't smell of gas when I took it out(I checked #3 first). It reaked of fuel after I tested the next cyl, so that tells me #3 isn't getting fuel.

My instructor said something about using propane through the tb and it would find its way to the cyl not getting fuel, making it fire. I may try that in a little while. No reason to really, but it'd be nice to see it run at least for a sec with no misfire.

reelbroke2 08-24-2009 05:13 PM

If you're not getting fuel to that cylinder, the popett is most likely bad or plugged, when you get the new spider installed your issue will most likely be solved.

gscrippler 08-24-2009 06:54 PM

X2 replace the Spider and go from there

midnightbluS10 08-28-2009 07:21 AM

Holy crap...gmpd.com shipping is a mofo. I ordered it this past saturday and every time I check my order status it say "On Order" :icon_hyper:This blows.