2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 PM
DuaneV is on a distinguished road
Default Please Help

Well.... I have a 2000 chevy blazer LT 4dr with auto 4wd. The other day it my motor died on me. I checked, no spark from coil. Replaced coil, now I'm getting spark as soon as my key is turned to run. I can hear my distributor sparking, but my motor isn't turning over, so I'm assuming it's only sparking one cylinder. I took the wire from coil to distributor off to make sure it was what sounded like it was shorting, and then the coil sent out a big arc, grounding to itself. I have no power to fuel pump right off the relay. Changed relays, nothing. My SES light is blinking wildly whne key is on. I tried a new Ignition control module, still won't start. I figure it was my VCM. So I replaced that, now my coil functions normally, SES light isn't blinking, but still no power to fuel pump. I checked the little port right next to the relay. Nothing. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I'm going to try spraying some starting fluid into my intake after school today, not sure what else to do. Someone, anyone, give me some advice.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Also, My fuel pump is good, tested it right off the hot terminal by my fuse block. MY fuel pump gauge isn't working, it has a quarter tank, but low fuel light is on and gauge doesn't move

Old 04-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

No real ideas to help, but every once in a while my blazer does random electrical things... first thing I do is disconnect the battery for a while and that tends to sort things out.

Sounds like you're having some major problems though and don't know if that will help or not.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 AM

Update: Well.... I found out that my ECM-B fuse was bad, and that ties in with the fuel pump relay and such. Replaced it, got power to fuel pump and gauge, and tried starting it. IT fired up, then sputtered and died. Does this every time. So I decided to look at my cap and rotor (distributor). They were burnt/slightly melted. So, I go buy a new one of each, replace them. Same thing, starts, then sputter and dies. Is it possible that I put that rotor on backwards? The old one didn't look like it was keyed to fit any certain way. I'm incredibly frustrated at this point. MY ECM goes bad, and takes half of my ignition system with it.... 180 dollars worth of parts later, nothing!!!! Aghhhh!!! Anyways, I'm just posting my experience on here, if and when I figure this out, someone might find some help in this post. I checked the codes, nothing.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

does the security light continue to flash now?

Starting for a few seconds and dying is the symptoms of the passlock system being triggered and needing to be reset.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 PM

Well.... I just now looked at this post again, and yes the security passlock needed reset. It fired up after doing that. BUt now it's died twice on me, refuses to start, security light not blinking. Then the next day, I get in and it fires up. Drive it for a while, dies on me without warning. I'm almost 100% positive this has something to do with my USED ecm that I just got. I'm not even sure how to go about troubleshooting/diagnosing this. I could really use some help.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:53 PM

This post is very old. This from my previous Blazer. I ended up rewiring the power to the fuel pump from the little test port in the underhood fuse box. Worked like a charm ever since. I sold this blazer a while back though, Just recently got a new ZR2

Old 05-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Beginning Member
pjf1313 is on a distinguished road

Thanx for the "old" update

and good luck on ZR2 (I need some bout now . . )

P.J.