Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   po741 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/po741-22775/)

dBsound 08-24-2008 07:03 PM

po741

Okay, my 4WD isn't working. 2Hi only. Anyway, I went to Advance, to get my codes checked.
One is PO141. O2 sensor. I've found this topic on here. Does it matter if I do nothing about it?

BUT, my other code is:
PO741 - Torque converter
CKT Performance
or stuck off.

Could this be my 4WD issue?
What do I need to do?

THANKS!

dBsound 08-27-2008 02:44 AM

RE: po741

Bumpity.[:o]

swartlkk 08-27-2008 06:24 AM

Could have sworn that I responded to this, but here goes again...

Neither of those codes have anything to do with the 4wd system not functioning properly. So you have three separate issues.

One is the B1S2 HO2S heater circuit performance. More often than not, this is due to a failed heater module in the O2 sensor itself, but further checks can be done to prove that.

The other is a transmission issue. I have the diagnostic steps for this all typed up, but am running into errors posting it.

Diagnosing the 4wd issue will require knowing if you have the Auto4wd option or not. You also might want to include which vehicle it is you are working on...

dBsound 08-27-2008 11:00 AM

I'm on the 2001 Jimmy. Auto 4WD option.

PO141 - the guy at Advanced said it didn't matter if I did anything to fix this one or not. Is this true?

You are now scaring me with the tranny issue!!! If you could get the diagnostic stuff posted, that would be great. In laymen's terms, what am I looking at, with the PO741?

I'm far less worried about the 4WD issue, than the tranny issue!

FWIW, the tranny came out of my 1998 partmobile Jimmy. That one, did NOT have the tow/haul package. The 2001 did(tranny was out of it, when I bought it). I have pushed the tow/haul button several times, while hauling my trailer. Could that be affecting anything adversely?

swartlkk 08-27-2008 12:08 PM

For the P0141, you truck will take longer to reach closed loop operation as it needs to have a hot O2 sensor. It will affect the efficiency of the motor. It may also cause you to fail an inspection if your state reads the codes during the inspection process.

The P0741 is an odd code. I had to go to a different reference and only then did I find it in the newer GMT360/370 platform material. Once I am able to post that information, I will. It is still not working for whatever reason. To explain the code a bit, it basically states that the PCM detected that the torque converter clutch was slipping more than 130RPM over the course of 20 seconds. This could be caused by contamination causing the TCC apply valve to stick and/or internal damage to the torque converter. I do not believe that the tow haul mode would have anything to do with it as it is all electronic manipulation of the transmission shift algorithms. It does play around with the TCC apply algorithms, but should not cause anything like this.

dBsound 08-30-2008 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

For the P0141, you truck will take longer to reach closed loop operation as it needs to have a hot O2 sensor. It will affect the efficiency of the motor. It may also cause you to fail an inspection if your state reads the codes during the inspection process.

The P0741 is an odd code. I had to go to a different reference and only then did I find it in the newer GMT360/370 platform material. Once I am able to post that information, I will.

Hey Kyle, have you tried again, to post that PO741 info? I'd appreciate it.

Also, on the PO141, does that code tell me WHICH O2 sensor is bad? I have the ones out of my 98 that I can replace the bad one with.

swartlkk 08-30-2008 03:44 PM

I had tried yesterday and it did not work, but today it went through. P0741 Explained

In this case, B1S2 (bank 1 sensor 2) should be the post cat sensor. Being that you have a 2001, this is the post cat sensor.

For others, as far as the P0141 code is concerned, it depends on if you have 3 or 4 O2 sensors. The B1S1/B2S1 sensors are in the y-pipe ahead of where the two banks come together. If you have 4 sensors, then B1S2 would be directly ahead of the catalytic converter and B1S3 would be directly behind. If you have 3, then you should not have the one between the "Y" in the y-pipe and the catalytic converter.