2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Power door lock relay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
bodarblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Power door lock relay?

Where would this located in a 99 blazer ls 4 door? i can hear the clicking of whatever dont work i cant locate it though it sounds like its in the behind the cluster guage. Couldnt be in that bad of a spot or is it? if it is then that is super gay, lol. i can maually lock all my doors except the rear hatch? my stereo will get jacked if i dont fix this by tonight. Ill have to pull everything out till its fixed .

Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Open the driver door. Remove the instrument panel trim cover off of the end of the dash. Read the label inside to identify the lock relay.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Remove the instrument panel trim cover off of the end of the dash.

Meaning the cluster guage trim? thank you very much for your help.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No. Take a look at the very end of the dash, what is parallel with the side of the truck. You can only see this portion of the dash with the door open. There will be a small cover that you can remove.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

No, No I just replaced my lock relay yesterday. If you open up your pas. door you look under the dash. Remove the first plastic covering on the bottom. Then there Is a little lock relay that looks like a small black box. When you hit the lock button it should click.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Administrator

A 96 is different than a 99... The information I provided came straight from the GM SI DVD.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 PM

ok well i looked where you directed me and thats the fuse box. no relay in there. although the sound does come from that direction. i will scope out the other one here in a few minutes.... again thank you for your help guys.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

The diagrams I show are kind of odd... Not the typical display. And of course, now I cannot find it. If it is not accessible from the side of the dash like the illustration I had previously found detailed, it is accessible from underneath. From my information, it is definitely on the driver side of the dash, not on the passenger side like the early 2nd gens.