2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Remote Start: Neutral Safety?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote Start: Neutral Safety?

I have been having a heck of a time finding info on this. But can anyone tell me were i connect the wire from my remote starter?

The wire is labeled: (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input. essentialy this wire needs to be grounded for the remote starter to work. but looking at my wiring diagrams I dont think I can just splice it in to my neutral switch? I believe the switch is on my tranny? looks like i would need to put a relay in?

96' 4dr blazer, autopage 622 remote starter.

also if anyone can tell me how the autopage style 2-wire door lock connecter wires in.

apreciate any help i can get.

never wired one of these up before, so im kinda shooting in the dark, but i just replaced my heater core so now im feeling like a challenge.

id like to wire up all the goodies, like hatch pop and dome lights, but im a bit scared to wreck my truck.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, I searched the best i could, i think.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Remote Start: Neutral Safety?

Did you get a toggle switch with the remote start? If so, put Neutral Safety Switch wire to one side of it, and the other to ground. That way, you can flip the switch over if you want to disable the remote start (say if you take your truck to a garage or something)

Not sure exactly what year your truck is, but most are the same from 95 to 2005 for locks.

For the Locks, Lt blue (+) for lock, and white (-) in drivers kick will work. you will need to test these, there are a few of those color wires there. Your remote start has dual polarity lock outputs, so it wil either be a jumper or programming to make the output positive.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM

So, I know it's late so maybe I'm dulusional, but if i am interpretting the wiring diagram properly from my book, than the neutral safety is actuall "hardwired" into the truck ie: the starter power wire is physicaly switched off in gear? Im going to use my modified wiper switch for my remote cuttof switch.

about the door locks: my truck is a 96' and ive been told there positive trigger, but i guess i dont know what that means exactly. i have two wires on my autopage system one green and one blue, and it programmable to either positive or negative, but im confused as to were to hook the wires exactly. its all fun and games till you blowup the powerlocks, lol.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Administrator

The wires in your truck for lock are Positive. Which means they rest at 0 and pulse to 12v when you activate the locks. Your autopage system has the ability to handle positive and negative locks. You will need to program the locks to be positive. Now, as for the location, if you pull off the plastic kick panel on the drivers side, along with the sill plate,(since you cant pull the kick without pulling it) there is a bundle of wires that will run from the kick panel up through the door. There are only one blue and white there. Do you have a multimeter? If not, go to walmart, radio shack, or HD or lowes, and but one. You can prolly get one for like 15 bucks. Great investment. THen just put one lead to ground and probe the wire with the other. It will jump to 12 volts if you have the right one.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:58 PM

Awesome, that is exactly what I needed to know. I do have a voltmeter, the pos/neg thing just made me nervous about whether i should test to ground or not. Appreciate the help, hopefully I'll get the system in my truck this weekend.

Also, am I correct about the Neutral Safety Switch in my last post?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

It can be used on manual transmissions, but you do not need to do anything else that what I explained to you. I pulled the wiring diagram for your RS.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 AM

Good deal! Thank you, you have been really helpfull. Hopefully I can get the system in this weekend, gota tear into it anyways, I got a tack cluster, the RS system, my cool modded switch, and lol, well aparently I forgot to bolt the steering wheel back down after the heater core change, haha, imagine my surprise when I realized that the were half-way finger tight cruizin down the highway, lol. So gota tear the kicks off again anyways!

EDIT: Actually though I am still curious, what I was asking was weather it is possible for a remote system to even start a blazer in gear or is the starter power wire physicaly switched off, I think possibly on the side of the tranny in that gear selector thingy, lol, cant remember the name of it, lol. Thats what it looked like I thought, but wasnt sure if i was interpreting the schematic properly.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

here you go

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/1BF08A85D2944404911553811D2801F3.jpg[/IMG]