2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

it was running like a dream

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:18 PM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road
Question it was running like a dream

it was running like a dream i took it offroading today and before i got home i filled it with gas..... i parked it for about an hour and a half and then my brother wanted to see what power it had cause i always seem to be bragging about it and i pulled it out of the drive way and revved it and at least tried to speed off and it started chocking up on me like if it would be out of gas can someone that knows what it is help thanks

Old 06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Bad gas? Or clogged fuel filter? Or dirty air filter? Have you checked anything out yet?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Default yupp

well i got the gas from the gas station i replaced the air filter when i got it. im going to do the air filter tomorrow thanks for the idea..im thinking it could also be a clogged fuel line not fully clogged but a little clogged

Old 06-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you run it low on gas? May have picked up some dirt from the bottom of the tank and clogged the fuel filter if you did. Or some dirt may have got on the MAF sensor on the intake tube right after the air filter.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Default yupp

i did run it low on gas that is a possability

Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How high did you rev the engine??

Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Default well

i was going in reverse switching to drive i put it in neutral and then revved a little and then put in in drive and tried to take off

Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if you hit RPMs high enough to hurt the engine. In neutral, it is easy to over rev the engine possibly breaking a valve spring or doing other permanent damage to the engine internals.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Default well

the engine when it is in neutral or park does not rev higher than 3 1/2 thousands of rpms

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Knew that was so on the 98+, but did not know if it went back to the 96-97 as well.

Quick Reply: it was running like a dream