2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Running rough and cuts out at higher speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A leak into the lifter valley will not cause too much of a problem. Oil leak perhaps, but shouldn't cause any driveability concerns. I wouldn't leave it like that though...

Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
furyfighter20 is on a distinguished road

my friends is having same problem and they have replaced alot of sensor we are going to drop cat tommorow and see what happens. but the weird thing is that the veh. only had one code egr pintle somthing. no misfire codes or misfires but it has lack of power timing is crazy like yours so let me know if that fixes it i will try to do a coolant leak test tommorrow and see if i see anything leaking. oh yea did you ever have a bklack smoke cloud on start up. this one does it sometimes.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Starting Member
justinh4578 is on a distinguished road

Okay guys. I need help. Where do I find a torque wrench with inch lbs? I have called three local autoparts stores and they say they only have FT/lbs. This is kinda aggravating.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Starting Member

Is there a way to just use a torque wrench that has ft lbs?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member
Joanie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by justinh4578
well I re read the CEL today and got a P0420.
Mine was doing the same thing and it was the coolant sensor.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:44 AM
jaqdadi is on a distinguished road

I bought one at Lowes that has ft lbs on it.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 AM

I've been reading this thread because it describes a similar problem I am having with a lifted 98 2dr ls that I bought a few weeks ago. It was running like crap under load, after about 20 mph it would just bog down and not move, but idling fine and revving in park no problem. Replaced the cat and it runs a lot better except for skipping and hesitation at low speed just before shifting, on the highway it's fine except for slight rpm increase\decrease, about 200-300 rpm. The people that had before me replaced the maf, tps, spider, coil, icm, plugs and wires, cap and rotor, etc... I put a cat and muffler on, magnaflow directfit. So i'm waiting to hear what your outcome is before I go any further.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by justinh4578
Is there a way to just use a torque wrench that has ft lbs?
sort of, if you have a ft lbs tourque wrench that goes low enough....1 inch pound force = 0.0833333333 foot pounds

Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by jaqdadi
I've been reading this thread because it describes a similar problem I am having with a lifted 98 2dr ls that I bought a few weeks ago. It was running like crap under load, after about 20 mph it would just bog down and not move, but idling fine and revving in park no problem. Replaced the cat and it runs a lot better except for skipping and hesitation at low speed just before shifting, on the highway it's fine except for slight rpm increase\decrease, about 200-300 rpm. The people that had before me replaced the maf, tps, spider, coil, icm, plugs and wires, cap and rotor, etc... I put a cat and muffler on, magnaflow directfit. So i'm waiting to hear what your outcome is before I go any further.
I put the manifold on today. Things have been slow go due to low funds. I will continue on it tomorrow once the silicone dries. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I called magnaflow and they said(obviously) they can not give me another cat if the antifreeze ruined my old one. They suggested just running the blazer for a while and hope everything burns out of the cat. Its just now a year old and they said their cats almost NEVER fail. So we shall see.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:11 PM

I meant I bought a torque wrench at Lowes with both ft and inch lbs on it, sorry.

Quick Reply: Running rough and cuts out at higher speed