2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

third brake light

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default third brake light

i just got a vinyl sticker that says BLAZER to cover thethird brake light. after putting it on, i realize that my third brake light is not working. is there a fuse to check or is this kind of an exploratory surgery to find whats wrong

Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: third brake light

The overlay should have nothing to do with function. There should be a fuse in the main fusebox under the hood, if its not there check the interior fuse box. If the fuse isn't your problem, then you're looking at taking it off and checking the wiring.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i know the sticker didnt do it thats just how i realized it wasnt working. i took off both fuse panels to look for one but i dont really know which fuse to look for. i dont know what it would be called

Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a relay for it...

Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran

where would i find the relay at? and how do i know which fuse to check?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Burlisonm is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't remember if the relays are under the hood or in the cab on the passenger side under the dash. Have you checked the bulb?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Its not bulbs... its LED and they can't possibly blow all at once.

Look in the fuse box under the hood. The fuse is labeled STOPLP, its a 20amp fuse and is located (when viewing from the front) it the far drivers side corner of the fusebox.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Underhood fuse block labeled 'CHMSL' for Center High Mount Stop Lamp. You then have two fuses as well, TRCHMSL for trailer center high mount stop lamp, and VECHMSL for vehicle center high mount stop lamp. Obviously, the VECHMSL is the one you want to make sure is working.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran

both fuses are good. do you think im just gonna have to take the light off and follow the wiring?

Old 10-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator

swap out the relay for something else like the horn and verify the operation of the horn...

Quick Reply: third brake light