2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Beginning Member
Iron Lotus is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt

... I cant post in the other area for some reason on the tech area.

I got keyless entry remotes, Tried grounding then touching the prong like suggested in the RKE 2nd post.

Heard a snap sound. The blazer will now NOT FIRE.
It will act like its about to but it will just shut right back down, Checked fuses only one thats bad is the cig. lighter. This is my family vehicle if its down we are in some big trouble and that wouldnt be good.

I dont know what happened, But I do know I need some help and I dont have time to wait around to be able to post in the other areas of the forum.... So here are some pics of the area and the blazers glove box code...

TOuched the bottom right pin on the big connector.
After that nothing really even seemed to do anything.
Very frustrated and worried. We just got this thing
about 3 months ago after being in a 2 door beretta
with 2 young children.... So I need to get this taken care of and any help is GREATLY appreciated.

The whole "turn key on off on off etc etc" never worked
which is why I decided to try this. Its a 2004 with
80k on it. 4.3 vortec...... ANything you need to know just ask I hate to post this here but I dont know
what else to do and its kind of important.

OKay sweet now somebody help!
My wife is already trying to chew my *** out over it and its
not even been 20 minutes since it happened.

Shouldnt have even touched it. Just because I can make a 355 work
in an s10 doesnt mean I can make keyless work on this stupid *** blazer I guess
but Im hoping I didnt ruin anything to do with the computer or something crazy like that!

Attached Thumbnails Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt-dsc00626.jpg   Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt-dsc00624.jpg   Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt-dsc00625.jpg  

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-11-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, moved your thread and retitled it for clarification. I don't know why you're having problems posting in the tech sections. Be patient until somebody who has done one of these installs reads your post and tries to help.

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Yep, moved your thread. I don't know why you're having problems posting in the tech sections. Be patient until somebody who has done one of these installs reads your post and tries to help.
Yeah kept saying a big article on how I didnt have sufficiant privilages or something.

And normally i wouldnt be this dickish....
But the blazer is NEEDED basically every day.
Here it is 8pm, And voila it wont run. Its a big problem
for not just me but my wife and kids.

So im a little wired about it. Try to understand... Sry about being hasty.

okay i was so up in the air I forgot theres another set of fuses.
like the ECU.... Im about to go out with my light and check them...

I do hope thats what it is.... I'll check back to confirm or not.

Yeah fuses under hood look good, ECM are good.

There is a light on the dash though thats on without the key
in that says "security".... Dont remember that being like that
it wont go off.....

Should be a big clue right there anybody????????????

Well thinking it could be passlock but ive read that the security light blinks... Mine just stays lit reguardless.

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-11-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hhmm, the 'security' light should only stay lit if you have a door open and use the power lock or the RKE fob to activate the locks. Once the door is closed the light should go off in ~30 seconds.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member

Jesus. Maybe a fried BCM? Thank god for carbed
small blocks because this **** is simply rediculous to have to go through.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Beginning Member

Hhmm, the 'security' light should only stay lit if you have a door open and use the power lock or the RKE fob to activate the locks. Once the door is closed the light should go off in ~30 seconds.

Yeah its been on since this happened. Key in or not, run position... It stays on. Tried another key... Same **** just starts up for about half a second. Good crank and everything else.... But will not start and security light is on at all times, No flashing, Just on.

This all happened right after I touched the pins on the black connector pictured in first post. Im at a big loss here....

Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
BF Guru

If you had the Passlock system active prior to starting this mess, then I'm starting to think that the Passlock has come on and deactivated the fuel system. Have you tried this Passlock reprogramming procedure?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member

If you had the Passlock system active prior to starting this mess, then I'm starting to think that the Passlock has come on and deactivated the fuel system. Have you tried this Passlock reprogramming procedure?

Yeah I started to but quit after reading, the light "blinked" if it
was passlock.... But I will go through the procedure anyway
and let you know what happens in about half an hour.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

30+ minutes have gone by, did the long relearn procedure work?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah... That was a no-go.

Unless it has to be exactly 10 minutes between intervals. I may have
been a couple minutes off, Shouldnt have mattered.

Also the security light is still on. WTF???????????

edit: I also disconnected the batt. (i know it doesnt work on ob2).
Just to see what would happen. Let it sit like that for 20 minutes
and hooked it back up, Went to start it, Same thing, Few seconds later
security light comes back on, And remains on as I type.

Last edited by Iron Lotus; 05-11-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Truck Won't Start After RKE Installation Attempt