Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Where to get ABS repair kit (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/where-get-abs-repair-kit-97780/)

AZlink 09-17-2018 11:18 PM

Where to get ABS repair kit

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a repair kit for the ABS Pump Kelsey Hayes 12765501? I am looking for the mechanical parts, not the electric part. Blazer 97 2WD and the ABS is for all 4 wheels........thanks in advance........AZ

odat 09-18-2018 12:56 PM

Your large bold print is a PIA to read - as far as I know there is no rebuild kits, they are a swap out for a reman only - same as a injection pump for a diesel engine

AZlink 09-18-2018 01:37 PM

My apologies, but I didn't choose different font, it comes out like that when I do the replay with Android phone, I tried to edit it but there is no font description to remove.......
If there is no repair kit then I have to delete the ABS. Thanks for the information.............AZ

odat 09-18-2018 03:22 PM

Gotta love smart phones lol - you should be able to get a reman replacement unit and your old unit would be sent in as a core for them to rebuild

AZlink 09-18-2018 04:22 PM

I wonder why second post is not on bold? LOL I did some search and it will cost me 500$ shipped to Puerto Rico without the shipping cost of the core, so it is out of my budget, I think I'll go with first generation proportion valve or the wilwood

odat 09-18-2018 04:48 PM

You will prob get a SES or a ABS light but actually I kinda wish I would have deleted out the abs when I built my 4X4 RX7
In the first text the bold when I first read it was 1/4'' tall letters it has changed now and not so bad to read lol

AZlink 09-18-2018 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by odat (Post 696016)
You will prob get a SES or a ABS light but actually I kinda wish I would have deleted out the abs when I built my 4X4 RX7
In the first text the bold when I first read it was 1/4'' tall letters it has changed now and not so bad to read lol

Thanks for that, I really don't use change in fonts, I can imagine how it feels to be in a RX7 second gen in a high lift, I used to have RX7 Turbo II...........Now that you mentioned the ABS delete, what would you prefer? A stock First Gen S10 proportion valve or the Willwood? Both have being done and from what I read both work..........I know it depends on how you drive your ride, mine is mainly for daily work, I am not gonna lie I like 1/4 adrenalin rush since I was 12 and some times on the highway I find an ignorant that thinks he can outrun a 4.3 with 2.0 Turbo.........in that case what will you recommend me to consider? Thanks for your time and help...............AZ

odat 09-18-2018 05:51 PM

Well with me I have the 1ST gen parts laying around so I would go that route - I usually don't research parts intell needed so I really can't tell you about the Willwood maybe somebody else will chime in that knows more

Oh and you want a adrenalin rush I own two RX7s the red 86 4X4 and the one for the rush is a 88 with a slightly hopped up 350 Chevy V8 under the hood - easy 130 / 140+ 1/4 mile runner - both a kick to drive