2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

WOT stumble, popping sound in intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 04:10 AM
grendragginbu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WOT stumble, popping sound in intake

Hello all, New member here...

Wife owns 2000 blazer with 100K on it 2wd 4dr.

Over the past few months it has developed a odd WOT stumble and popping sound coming through intake.

It doesnt allways do it @ WOT but 90% of the time that is when it does it. 10% of the time it is in the mornings.

If you gradually roll on the throttle then it will do just fine.

Just replaced the plugs,wires,cap,rotor,pcv,air filter, fuel filter, and did a oil & filter change...and cleaned the MAF. Problem still there...i was going to clean the EGR valve, but it got late and called it a night. so any ideas?????

Later,Bill

Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: WOT stumble, popping sound in intake

Are you getting any Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Have the computer scanned to find out. You should have some misfire codes and others that could lead you to the problem.

Since the problem has developed over time the it sounds like and adjustable part maybe out of spec. Check the TPS and IAC passage on the underside of the TB...also check the TPS and IAC for proper functioning...

Old 01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
grendragginbu is an unknown quantity at this point

I will get it scanned and see if there is any stored codes. Tried yesterday, but Autozone wouldnt check because SES light is not on.

I'm going to tell them it is, just to get them out there and do it.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:49 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you got some lazy AZ workers. Polietly tell them to check it or you will take your business elsewhere. My AZ guys check it no quesitons asked. Maybe its cause I know them by name.

As for the problem. Could be a vacuum leak. Your HVAC contorls work properly?
Or the coil is week?

Old 01-26-2007, 03:04 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell AZ the light goes off and on, with misfires the light does not always come on since the codes are stored until the situation misfires = a specific number or go away but the computer still stores the codes in its longterm memory (DTC History) or freezeframe data...If you can afford it you can get an inexpensive scanner for around $80 (Innova 3100).... Then tell AZ that would be the last purchase made in their store.... I refuse to even let myself think about AZ. In my town the people they hired to work at the store don't have the knowledge about parts that i would trust...plus i don't speak spanish that well....