Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Article Submissions/Discussions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/)
-   -   2000 Heater Core Replacement Summary - DISCUSSION THREAD (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/2000-heater-core-replacement-summary-discussion-thread-36252/)

DrEaMsTeVe 12-23-2009 07:53 AM

Adam Crosier,

You can try http://imageshack.us/ to host the pics. They will resize the images and give links to post in forums.

Alternatively, and I have no idea if they host any photos on the forums, is to get the images resized using xp power toys image re sizer at the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/D...powertoys.mspx

Link is listed on the right side of the page. The program lets you right click on images to resize instantly with renamed files. Resize them, and edit your post with pics using the forum tools. (Insert Image)

PM me if you need any help. Photo's will help big time with anyone else thinking of tackling this project.

AdamCrosier 12-23-2009 10:27 PM

Pictures uploaded

Hey guys,

I uploaded a bunch of pictures to an album on my profile here. I labeled the pictures by the step number from my earlier post. These are all 16% of the size of the original picture. If you want larger, PM me and I'll send it to you via regular email.

When I was uploaded, I noticed a couple of things I left or was wrong on. The box at the head of the center console... you need to disconnect the wire harnesses on the drivers side, but you can't take it out until after the dash is removed.

When I originally was updating my notes, I had forgotten to write that when the dash is disconnected but still on the pivots, check for wires that are in your way, from, for example, aftermarket stereos, or harnesses you have that I didn't.

Hope that helps!

swartlkk 12-24-2009 07:36 AM

If you wouldn't mind emailing the full resolution pictures to me (bf.com.admin@ g m a i l . c o m - take out the spaces), I will host them on my photobucket account and put them into the how-to above.

plow 01-07-2010 08:56 AM

i have the dash out and the bolt in the housing engine side but i cannot get the cover off how do i do that

Peel01 01-07-2010 12:36 PM

PLOW did you get the nut next to the heater core hoses and the screw on the evap box on the engine side? They are even with each other on the fire wall about 6" apart.

AdamCrosier 01-08-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peel01 (Post 284180)
PLOW did you get the nut next to the heater core hoses and the screw on the evap box on the engine side? They are even with each other on the fire wall about 6" apart.

It's that stud that sticks out an inch or two. Yank the nut. There is also the bolt that goes through the housing to the left of the heater hoses. That's the one I never read about and had to figure out. It is roughly in the middle of the HVAC assembly.

AdamCrosier 01-09-2010 12:06 PM

Pictures!

I finally got the high res photos uploaded to a photobucket account. I put a link on my how-to list on page 2. The pictures are named by the step to which they correspond. When you open the album, click on a picture, and scroll down. You'll see a description of the step (close to what I wrote in the how-to). If you click on the picture again, it will go hi-res. The only thing I can't figure out is how to put them in order. So, just look for the step number. Also, I threw a couple pictures just of how things look. I think seeing the firewall side of the HVAC unit is helpful to see exactly where the bolts are that go into it. I also took pictures of each of the main parts in case I needed to see the bolt holes. I'll post them up too when I get a chance.

DrEaMsTeVe 01-09-2010 10:04 PM

Excellent! I'm sure this will help alot of peeps. Maybe a moderator can sort through and edit a good final how-to?

Peel01 01-10-2010 12:44 PM

Thought I was home free, until I went to plug the wire harnesses up. I discovered the passenger door chime harness MIA. I pulled the dash back off and I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where there's is on your Blazer. I hoping that I didn't rip it off somewhere. I have all the others not problem but just that one is MAI.

AdamCrosier 01-10-2010 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peel01 (Post 285212)
Thought I was home free, until I went to plug the wire harnesses up. I discovered the passenger door chime harness MIA. I pulled the dash back off and I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where there's is on your Blazer. I hoping that I didn't rip it off somewhere. I have all the others not problem but just that one is MAI.

Hey, I responded to your message, but this will totally throw you for loop, that's why I wrote this step:

23. Check to see if the passenger door plunger is wired. If not, you'll now know it, and not freak out about it later.

I haven't looked into how the thing works without wiring, but it certainly does. If you don't remember taking a wire off the back of the plunger behind the glove box, don't worry, it's probably not there.