Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Article Submissions/Discussions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/)
-   -   Fuel Filter Replacement How-To-Write Up - DISCUSSION THREAD (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/fuel-filter-replacement-how-write-up-discussion-thread-13457/)

swartlkk 02-12-2010 04:44 PM

That applies to incandescent bulbs. Florescent and LED lights won't have this issue.

Spectreblazer 02-12-2010 08:10 PM

great write up lenny,
i used this the last time i changed mine.

chrisf719 02-24-2010 11:00 AM

Thanks Lenny I'm sure this will come in handy when I do mine in a couple weeks!!

camaroz 03-05-2010 06:46 PM

I found that putting on the new filter was a snug fit, and it was super snug, was to let the bracket sit in some HOT water for a couple of minutes. The new filter slipped on a lot easier.

TripleBlackBlazer 03-16-2010 03:56 PM

Just changed mine at 99k miles. Filter wasn't hard to remove. I had already done this on the Wife's Regal when we first got it so I was prepared for gas still being in the line even after removing the fuse and cranking it a couple of times. Everything went smoothly and there were definitely lots of particles in the old filter when I dropped the line into a catch can.

Thanks for the write-up. I used a little silicone spray on the bracket before sliding the filter back into it.

My last trip was 18.5 mpg, 100% highway (as compared to 21 mpg, 100% highway when I first got it) so we'll see how much the new filter helps. Of course, I also need new plugs and wires and wouldn't hurt to replace cap and rotor as well...

flipzat 03-17-2010 04:11 PM

is a 16mm wrench the only thing that will fit on mine slips

terry s 03-17-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by flipzat (Post 313155)
is a 16mm wrench the only thing that will fit on mine slips

I do not think they are metric. If they are tight you should use a flare nut wrench on the nuts and a good fitting open end wrench on the filter nut. Place the wrenches so you can squeeze them together to loosen the nut. It usually works better and can save some skinned knuckles. A flare nut wrench is a 6-point box end wrench that has a notch missing so it will just barely fit over the fuel line. It gives the most grip to avoid rounding off the nut. If you do round off the nut you have to resort to vice grips.:icon_doh:

dougn85 09-07-2010 05:32 PM

whet a little different but worked

The fitting was stuck but i got the filter cranked on by rotating the filter on to it till tight, looks good , no leaks. I geuss that worked :icon_wink:

Cuz the front end of filter rotates freely while clipped.

Vicer_Exciser 11-27-2010 02:48 PM

easiest my ass, this has been a pain

Brianator99 11-27-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vicer_Exciser (Post 381907)
easiest my ass, this has been a pain

It's so easy a caveman can do it.