Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Article Submissions/Discussions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/)
-   -   Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement 1996+ (https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/intake-manifold-gasket-replacement-1996-a-101101/)

LesMyer 02-10-2020 08:35 AM

Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement 1996+

4 Attachment(s)
I would like to see the following attachment posted in the Tech Section so I can link to it in the future. It's the factory info for 1996+ intake gasket replacement. Includes a step by step with drawings. Also has a section on installing the distributor correctly and torque sequence/values.

christine_208 02-10-2020 10:25 AM

Where did find this? Is it a GM document?

christine_208 02-10-2020 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to submit as a supplement to this the write up I found that now has a dead-link. See attachments 1 of 2 below. (2 of 2 in next post)

christine_208 02-10-2020 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Part 2 of 2 attached:

Billy1820 02-10-2020 12:06 PM

swartlkk 02-10-2020 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 718676)
I would like to submit as a supplement to this the write up I found that now has a dead-link. See attachments 1 of 2 below. (2 of 2 in next post)

From the Tech Article (DIY) Index:
2nd Gen LIM Gasket Replacement by Bruce W. Maki (external link to handymanlyness.com sourced through web.archive.org as handymanlyness.com has since disappeared)
2nd Gen LIM Gasket Replacement by Bruce W. Maki (external link to PDF copy of handymanlyness.com article created from the web.archive.org version in case the web.archive.org copy goes down as well)

These dead links aren't dead and haven't been in months. :icon_flowers:

I also have the entire page downloaded with plans to recreate it here for preservation, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

LesMyer 02-10-2020 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 718672)
Where did find this? Is it a GM document?

yes it is

christine_208 02-10-2020 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 718682)
From the Tech Article (DIY) Index:
2nd Gen LIM Gasket Replacement by Bruce W. Maki (external link to handymanlyness.com sourced through web.archive.org as handymanlyness.com has since disappeared)
2nd Gen LIM Gasket Replacement by Bruce W. Maki (external link to PDF copy of handymanlyness.com article created from the web.archive.org version in case the web.archive.org copy goes down as well)

These dead links aren't dead and haven't been in months. :icon_flowers:

I also have the entire page downloaded with plans to recreate it here for preservation, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Not dead? I guess it was a while ago the last time I checked. :)

SilvrHairDevil 10-25-2020 05:38 PM

I'm about to undertake this project with the help of my wrencher guy. Thanks for that LesMyer & Christine_208.
Backstory: Both my SUVs died, the Explorer and the Blazer so I happened upon a mechanic's repo – a '98 Jimmy. I paid top dollar for it 'cause the mech had done a lot of work and ran up costs for parts. I expected more work would be needed and I wasn't surprised.
Now starting the LIM gasket repl and since it's all exposed anyway – the MFI spider seems a natural progression.
I'm a senior and I'm using a “shade tree” mechanic for the work and now I'll be able to monitor him. Anything interesting happens, I'll report back.

christine_208 10-25-2020 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SilvrHairDevil (Post 728649)
I'm about to undertake this project with the help of my wrencher guy. Thanks for that LesMyer & Christine_208.
Backstory: Both my SUVs died, the Explorer and the Blazer so I happened upon a mechanic's repo – a '98 Jimmy. I paid top dollar for it 'cause the mech had done a lot of work and ran up costs for parts. I expected more work would be needed and I wasn't surprised.
Now starting the LIM gasket repl and since it's all exposed anyway – the MFI spider seems a natural progression.
I'm a senior and I'm using a “shade tree” mechanic for the work and now I'll be able to monitor him. Anything interesting happens, I'll report back.

Good Luck. There is a lot to get out of the way to get at those LIM gaskets. That is what I remember about doing the job. And as you said, while you are in there, it is worth considering the fuel injector upgrade.