Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

Power Steering cooling line replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road
Default Power Steering cooling line replacement

Hey everyone.
I had a bad power steering cooling line and a replacement one would have cost me $91 + tax. So thanks to swartlkk's advice I fixed the problem coming in at about $60 instead.
anyway I took some pics while doing it so I hope this helps someone.

1. You have to remove the grill to get at the cooling line. Here you can realy see where my leak was.

2. you have to remove the air box to get at the hose connections to disconnect this line from the power steering resevoir. You will have to remove the top two bolts of the hood latch bracket to make it easier to get out. I just wrestled with the cooler to get it out after it was disconnected. You may want to cut it to make it even easier.

3. Routing the hoses. I just followed the same route of the old pipe and connected the two hoses together with the ends of the old cooling line (they were still fine) its hard to see in this pic but this is looking down where the air box was at the power steering lines. they are connected to the new rubber lines.

the hoses come out the front and in front of the radiator.

Here is the new trans cooler to take the place of the old cooling line

Here it is in place on the radiator. Those damn fins sure take a beating when putting it place

All together now its time to bleed the system. This is very easy to do just a little time needed. there is another post on the forum for that.
Hope that helps.
If I posted this in the wrong section please forgive me.
admins please move if nessesary.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice write up and good pictures! That will do better than the original for sure.

I'm going to move it to the Tech Article (DIY) --> Article Submission/Discussion section and then copy it into the main Tech Article (DIY) section when I get a chance.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

Thank you muchly