Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   1998 chevy blazet LT factory speaker question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/1998-chevy-blazet-lt-factory-speaker-question-91950/)

duckland23 02-21-2016 11:33 PM

1998 chevy blazet LT factory speaker question

hi was wondering if the factory speakers in the front have tweeters in the dash and woofers in the doors . I didn't really see if some asked this question before .but from what i am counting is six speakers in my truck . Im asking this because i want to upgrade my factory stereo to alpine . I have the system with a cd player and slave tape player from delco . so if i have tweeters in the dash will i have a hard time wiring the radio from alpine .

richphotos 02-27-2016 09:03 PM

Why not get one of the painless wiring harness from Stereo Wiring Harness | Car Stereo Wiring Harness by Scosche or Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse

Then you just have to match the wire colors to the ones on the aftermarket cd player and plug it into your factory harness. Skip all the guess work.

duckland23 03-03-2016 12:52 PM

I bought a stereo mount kit from walmart but I don't like how it fits in my truck . the plus side of things is the HD radio sounds great .

Chriskinney 04-03-2016 09:41 AM

Blazer premium sound system

Hi, everyone. I have a 1998 chevy blazer with I guess a premium sound system. I bought the gm02b wiring harness and it fit, but there is 2nd harness from the car that plugs into the stock radio. Needless to say, no sound was heard from the New radio. What else do I need to hook this thing up? Any help would be appreciated!

richphotos 04-11-2016 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chriskinney (Post 663468)
Hi, everyone. I have a 1998 chevy blazer with I guess a premium sound system. I bought the gm02b wiring harness and it fit, but there is 2nd harness from the car that plugs into the stock radio. Needless to say, no sound was heard from the New radio. What else do I need to hook this thing up? Any help would be appreciated!

Starting your own thread may get you more responses instead of hijacking someone elses thread.

That being said, we need to know for sure if you have the premium sound system or not. Cant you take a picture of your OEM head unit?

Chriskinney 04-12-2016 10:25 PM

Blazer premium sound system

Hey, richphotos. No need to be mean, didn't know I was "hijacking" a thread. I'm new to his whole thing. Anyway, found the problem. It was blown speakers.

richphotos 04-15-2016 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chriskinney (Post 663877)
Hey, richphotos. No need to be mean, didn't know I was "hijacking" a thread. I'm new to his whole thing. Anyway, found the problem. It was blown speakers.

Where and how was I being mean?
I was telling you that starting your own thread would get more responses instead of posting your question in someone elses thread (aka hijacking)

But, glad you got the issue figured out.