Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   2 door rear speaker help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/2-door-rear-speaker-help-85981/)

GaBear 05-31-2014 09:15 PM

2 door rear speaker help

Ok The rear speakers in my 2001 have craped out. I've looked and to tell you the truth I don't have a clue as to how to get to the buggers. Can someone tell me how to remove the covers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bear

altoncustomtech 06-01-2014 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by GaBear (Post 628285)
Ok The rear speakers in my 2001 have craped out. I've looked and to tell you the truth I don't have a clue as to how to get to the buggers. Can someone tell me how to remove the covers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bear

It's a bit of an ordeal. The panel covering the speaker is under the big trim piece that goes from just behind the doors to the rear hatch. In my '01 Jimmy I found it easiest to remove them by first removing the rear seats, or at least where they bolt down on the back side, then flipped them forward. Then I had to take the top part of the front seatbelt loose, remove the handle and anything else that screws/bolts through that trim piece. Then I was able to lift it up and out of the way and held it there with a piece if wire. Then I had to wiggle, twist, and finneggle the lower part out because the bolt for the bottom part of the seat belt wouldn't come out.

All that said, I wouldn't screw with them. If the stereo and speakers are all stock and you don't have any plans to upgrade with a complete system then yeah you probably should replace them. However if you've already got aftermarket audio installed it's really not worth replacing the damn things. They're a ton of work to get to and rear speakers do nothing but confuse the sound stage and ruin imaging. Just my .02 worth.

GaBear 06-01-2014 03:46 PM

As best I can tell the system is all original. the left rear is dead and the right rear is cracked and sounds terrible. If I move the fade to all front the sound quality is horrific, so I hope to change the entire system some time this summer.

lazyboyjake 07-02-2014 10:38 AM

Did you ever get them out? I'm only about 2 hours away if you ever need any help with anything audio related. I'm pretty good at it.

GaBear 07-02-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake (Post 630161)
Did you ever get them out? I'm only about 2 hours away if you ever need any help with anything audio related. I'm pretty good at it.

Well as life would have it. Just as I was about to purchase the stuff to do this My Freezer decided it did want to function any more so the new stereo and speakers have gone to the back burner for a few months till I can save the money back up. Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on it.