Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   amp bypass (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/amp-bypass-83901/)

big_charms@hotmail.com 01-15-2014 11:17 PM

amp bypass

For starters I have a 2001 blazer with the factory Bose stereo system I have changed the head unit to a Kenwood and it's has factory door And dash speakers and aftermarket rear speakers. I Will be changing out the stock speakers prior to the installation. But the problem was the Sound and quality wasn't right so after a month or so of searching I Came across a amp bypass wiring harness
It seems very simple to install plug into the wires harness where the Amp is located under the center console and run the wires to the head Unit And attach the speaker wires the the corresponding wires on the back of the Deck. The only problem I can't figure out is what will happen to my dash Speakers Will they Just run off the front door speakers?
Has anyone used tags bypass harness before is there anything I should watch out for?

altoncustomtech 01-16-2014 12:19 AM

I've never used a harness for that before. I've always done it the hard way and ran a new wire from the HU to each speaker. That way I KNOW it's done right.

big_charms@hotmail.com 01-16-2014 12:44 AM

Well that was a option I tossed around but I figured I'd give it a try. It's pretty much what this harness dose without having to pull half the truck apart.

altoncustomtech 01-16-2014 06:25 AM

Actually it doesn't, there's a bigger difference than that. It bypasses the factory amp, allowing the internal amp of the aftermarket HU to drive the speakers directly. The signal from the HU is still having to travel through factory sized wires, each and every connection and plug that the factory wires have to get to the speakers. Sure that works good enough for most people as long as there's not corroded connectors, bad places in the wires, etc.

I like the peace of mind knowing that there's a new, heavier gauge, unedited piece of wire that runs straight from the signal source (HU in this particular conversation) to the speakers. Now at these power levels the heavier gauge wire isn't any sort of big deal but if one ever decides to install an external amplifier to power the speakers with (highly recommended BTW) the new wires are in place and there's less work to do when that time comes.

The harness makes it quick and easy to bypass the factory amp and is fine for the average person who will never do more than replace the HU and the factory speakers with whatever speakers fills the holes right. If you know that's all you ever plan to do then the harness is for you. If you plan to do more, really make the audio better with good speakers and external amps in the future then it's worth the time and effort to go ahead and get new wires ran now rather than later.

big_charms@hotmail.com 01-16-2014 09:27 AM

Why yes running new wire will ensure quality. I am far from having a quality system and your correct I am Just slapping speakers that fit in but they aren't cheapest I could find. I am however running an amp and subs. I'm aware my system is far from perfect but knowing how little I have payed for everything I am truly happy with.

big_charms@hotmail.com 01-16-2014 09:08 PM

All installed. Went well. Very simple to do. Eliminated all the issues I was having. Which were a high pitch hum in the speakers. I can now control the bass level in the speakers and the low volume is now down to where it should beOnly problem is the dash speakers now don't work with out the amp. If I would have thought of it I would have wired them to the front speakers at the deck. That's tomorrows project.*