Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   any ideas are helpful (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/any-ideas-helpful-77394/)

Kilo 02-21-2013 03:42 AM

any ideas are helpful

hello i have an 01 blazer 4 door im wantin to upgrade my speakers a bit my dad just give me 2 12" subs and im new to the whole radio world what would be some descent speakers to upgrade to and the subs are 525 watts a piece so what would be a good amp again i know nothi.g about all this hookin it up is no problem just figurin what is enough for what is another story any advice is helpful thanks guys in advance...i did install a kenwood hu model an all that im not sure i would have to look

altoncustomtech 02-21-2013 06:27 AM

First and foremost, what kind of budget are you trying to work with? The suggestions for a $400 budget will differ greatly from a $1000 for example. Also, what brand and model are the subs? Just saying they're 525watt 12's isn't enough information either. They may say in big numbers 525 watts, but that's most likely their MAX rating and they could be 150 watts RMS and if you put an amp on them that actually output 500 watts they wouldn't last long at all.

That's why it would be best to have a bit more information. Are the subs in a box already, or do you need a box too?

Kilo 02-21-2013 08:00 AM

hello al an thanks for replyin an helpin seen your name alot in here he actually gave me two 10" an 2 12" subs both sets are jensen but neither are in a box i have a box that will fit the 2 12" thats the only reason i was goin with them lol an the fact that i figured bigger is better lol but i guess not always the case the box i have is i guess you guys say ported an unported well it only has holes for the speakers to be mounted....the truck is stock audio system except for a new head unit which is jvc not kenwood sorry and it a jvc kd-r320....the 10" subs i have nothin on other then a sticker on them sayin 099-20577...the 12"are jensen as well an i have everything theyve never been out of box they are jws series the book said jws 124,104,84 usin a little im figurin thei the jws 124's the tens maybe the 104's cuz they look the same but idk any advice on that and may maybe regular speakers i could get would ve great and budget wise well i would lime to get nice equipment but ha ha im like everybody else out there today i gotta get by day to day in a sense

BIGJEFF64 02-21-2013 09:40 AM

if it were me i would try to sell the subs and get some that perform better as far as replacing ur mids and highs like mentioned above its based on ur budget ur can get some high end components or u can go pro audio like selenium or dayton or eminence. i would do some research and see what kind of sound ur wanting.

Kilo 02-21-2013 03:30 PM

just wantin to put somethin in the truck that sounds a little better then stock stuck stuff an has a little punch to it but nice clarity to and i already have some.of this stuff.so.i figured why.not build on them i remember me and dad havin the ten hooked up before they sounded nice but i only have a box for the twelves so again was tryin to save a few there

Kilo 02-21-2013 03:32 PM

not trying for no competition system or nothin but neither do i want to burn.nothin up

Kilo 02-21-2013 04:10 PM

i mean like i said i dont know what power ratings are on these things i dont understand all that i was hopin to be able to put somethin decent together for around 3-400 or less hell i got a radio i got subs and a box now ijust need help dtermining if it needs to be i guess ported you guys call it maybe a choice on an amp they really confuse me an decent speakers lime ell pioneer or kenwood i dont need top of the line stuff i wouldnt think

richphotos 02-21-2013 06:11 PM

Try to find out what model Jensen subs they are, post a picture of them or something.

Also, instead of making 3 consecutive posts, if you have something to add, just edit a post, unless someone has responded.

Kilo 02-21-2013 07:03 PM

the models are above thats what im trying to find the wattage to run to them an not damage them but get good sound to i have two so one amp or two this post is turnin into about the subs and im really askin like about power if somebody knows where i can find their nominal power so i.can figure out what amp i.need i know nothin about amps at all

richphotos 02-22-2013 12:00 AM

I tried to search up the model number, but honestly, out of what you typed up there, I am not sure what is what, punctuation would be extremely helpful.