Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Anyone try stealth boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

shallow subs dont seem to be worth the space. I think 1 badass 8 would be better in like 1 cube with 1500 watts

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

1 cubic foot, for a 8? that's an awful lot.

my 12W6's only needed 1.25 in a sealed enclosure. the 8's i have, need something like .4 or .5 cubes.

the only big benifit of shallow subs is for really tight spaces, like the rear doors of my 'Burb. i have 10 that'll fit in the door with tons of room around them, but i couldn't fold down the middle seat if i put them in, since the seatback is sits pretty much flush with the door panel. so i have no choice but to buld an enclosure for a shallow sub there.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

maybe someone could design a box to fit in the side storage in the back of a 2dr blazer or somethin like that

Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran

"badass 8's" also have huuge motors, and i just guestimated obviously

if I ever have space issues, like a reg. cab truck I think I would buy something like the Focal K2's and run them on a few hundred watts those things slam so hard lol

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member
nickyb123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kinter614
maybe someone could design a box to fit in the side storage in the back of a 2dr blazer or somethin like that
I did something similar to that... although it turned out to be a little bigger than I originally intended.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/custom-10-box-2001-2-dr-55349/

Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

you can get a really nice 8 from Sundown Audio for $100 for 200 wrms (can take more) and the SA series for $150 400wrms (can take abuse) both of which only need a .5 foot ported box or .3 sealed. look into them, great customer service and great products

Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kinter614

someone already has, way before nicky did.

nice fiberglass box, did a little write up on his box build.

Originally Posted by blazinloud
"
if I ever have space issues, like a reg. cab truck I think I would buy something like the Focal K2's and run them on a few hundred watts those things slam so hard lol
those are nice subs, very tight.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazinloud
"badass 8's" also have huuge motors, and i just guestimated obviously

didn't know they still made 8s in the K2. would be one clean (expensive but worth) system

Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member
dwhittaker is on a distinguished road

i have a friend that fit 4 sundown audio sa-8s in the back of a jeep rangler behind the seats you could do that. subs up, port out. the box was tall and skinny, it worked great.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran

the new 8 sundown is working on, the motor is almost as big as the nightshades! hes comparing them to the almighty JL w7 for like half the cost

Quick Reply: Anyone try stealth boxes?