Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Audio System (Advice/Ideas/Recommendations?) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/audio-system-advice-ideas-recommendations-89478/)

nstlol 04-07-2015 05:38 PM

Audio System (Advice/Ideas/Recommendations?)

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm new here but I have a 2003 Blazer 4 door and started to upgrade the crappy stock system that was in it. I already bought a deck (included picture: Attachment 38094) and I bought the in-dash speakers: Pioneer 4 x 6" Car Speakers | PCRichard.com | TSA4675R. I still have to purchase 4 more speakers (2 for the front doors and 2 for the rear doors) and possibly a single 12" or 10" subwoofer and maybe an interior amp.

I was also thinking about maybe installing 2 6.75 inch subs into each of my front doors and then just using two 5.25 inch speakers in my rear doors, or vice versa. Has anyone done something along these lines?

Should I just go with 4 more 3 way speakers in the 4 doors and install a small 10 or 12 inch sub in the trunk? What have some of you done with your system?

My main goal was to go with all 6 3-way speakers in all doors and dash but then I was thinking I didn't want to lose trunk space and subs can be kind of obnoxious as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations on speakers? I was just going to match my doors with the in-dash speakers at this point but I think with that setup a sub is arguably necessary.

nstlol 04-07-2015 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Although, this is a pretty decent deal for speakers that retail $80. Attachment 38093

altoncustomtech 04-08-2015 08:51 AM

Personally, I wouldn't go the route you're thinking. The more drivers/speakers you have playing the same frequencies inside a space the worse the response gets. A decent component set up front on a modest amp with a good installation and sound deadening would do more for you than all those speakers. That's my opinion.

If you're just dead set to have all those speakers in the vehicle then at least go with the TS-D series speakers. They're worlds ahead of the A series.

Putting something like a 6+" sub in the doors would be an exercise in futility without an enclosure and the proper processing to filter the signal to play the frequencies it's designed to. It's just not worth messing with unless you were already familiar with what it takes to do correctly and are ready to spend the money it takes as well.

As far as the sub is concerned a decent little ten on several hundred watts of power should be sufficient if you're not looking to knock pictures off the wall when you pull in your driveway. Plan the installation right and the enclosure wouldn't take up much room and could be made to be easily removable as well. I get Neutrik Speakon connectors from PartsExpress for that job myself. High power handling and unshortable they're a fantastic option for making a quick and easy disconnect for a speaker box in a vehicle.

If it were me I'd go with the Pioneer TS-D1720C components along with building a custom mounting baffle to mount the woofer to the door with some sound deadening like the products from RaamAudio to save a few dollars. I'd get a Pioneer GM-D8604 four channel amp. I'd power the components on the front (1&2) channels and bridge the rear (3&4) channels to the subwoofer. As for the sub I'd pick up a Sundown E-10 D2 subwoofer and wire the coils in series for a four ohm load. If you think a sealed enclosure will provide enough output and response to your liking then you can pick one up plenty cheap from a lot of places like THIS one. For what it's worth, this is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

nstlol 04-08-2015 07:14 PM

Yeah forget about the subs in the door but I'm also not trying to spend all of that money on a system on a vehicle that has the amount of miles mine has. I ended up picking up 2 12's in a ported box with an amp today anyway for $75 which wasn't too bad of a price. I already have the in dash speakers and I'm not too crazy for sound however I do understand that you know what you're talking about. Like you're talking about, what seems to me, a pretty serious job lol. I barely know how to put the speakers in the door. I'm trying to go pretty cheap with decent sound I guess and was just pretty much wondering if those speakers sound good or if you had any recommendations on speakers within the same price range. Nothing to crazy just upgrading the stock system you know what I mean?

Also what if I just got 2 component speakers in the fronts and then the 5.25 inch 3 ways in the rear? Or would that not be too good? I already have the 4x6 3 way speakers in the dash so there's no going back there.

drwyczalek 10-23-2015 08:20 PM

Has anyone switched the factory slave cassette for a factory CD slave unit on a factory CD radio mine is a 2000 Blazer?