Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

JBL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JBL?

Been a while since I posted, too much fishing and beer I guess Either way, I'm wondering if anyone else here has owned a JBL GTI sub. My buddy had 4 of them in his denali and I convinced him to sell one to me. I honestly couldn't be happier! For some reason I can find very little on this sub at all. I was simply going for some quality sound but this thing is freaking loud for being 1 12. I am running it off a JBLcrown series amp@ 700RMS and its really almost too loud for me to listen too everyday. I'm just curious if anyone else has had any experience with this sub or the amp.

I'm very impressed by this combo and want to know why no one else seems to own a gti.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: JBL?

jbl gti series subs are bad, very bad. they get wicked loud and sound pretty darn good to boot. there are some guys running around in the lanes with them.

lots to be found here

good subs overall. their crown amps are very stout as well. I have used a few of their amps in the past.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

never heard one......but they look wicked cool!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had it in now for a 4 days and its starting to make my head hurt. I have it in a 2.25 CuFt box tuned at 30Hz. I'm thinking I'm going to make a sealed box for it instead maybe it won't be so damn loud then. I am amazed by the amp as well it seems to push the sub at full power and volume with out even straining or getting hot. I do however need a new alternator, RCA's HU and some sound deadning material. I also have to finish the box. Fill in the screw holes with putty ect.

Any advice on getting the rearview to stop rattling like crazy? I'm guessing the dynamat will probably help some. Also has anyone rhinolined (or bedliner of anytype) a box? I am thinking I am going to because I like to fish/hunt/camp and I don't want any minnow buckets spilling and ruining my box. Any suggestions on a waterproof way to finish this box?