Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Clarion Ungo SR6000 Alarm/Remote Start issues on '01 Blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/clarion-ungo-sr6000-alarm-remote-start-issues-01-blazer-26631/)

HowlingX 01-16-2009 09:15 PM

Clarion Ungo SR6000 Alarm/Remote Start issues on '01 Blazer

Hello all. I have read many posts about different issues with alarms and appreciate all the help that everyone provides. I used to installalarms years ago, but that was before the Passlock systems. Thanks to this forum I was able tofind all wires necessary to hook up. I have everything working but,, it has caused some issues, that I am hoping someone can help me out with.

1. The Passlock 2 system, I ended up bypassing by reading the resistance at the ignition, cutting the yellow wire, connecting it to the red wire at the igntion with an equal resistor. I believe this is the wrong way, since my Check Engine Light has gone on and the readings are erroneous transmission codes. These were not there before I started.I gave in and purchased an IDatalink bypass to solve these issues, butthat did not work. I have heard that there is a way to bypass without resistors, but cannot find any diagram to show me how.

2. There was an existing remote start system I removed when I started this that had capacitors on the door unlock wires and I believe the dome light wire found in the harnesses under the radio. All paperwork I have didn't say to put any on the new wires, so I did not do this. I believe that I have some battery drainage from one of these constantly running. I am not sure if I am correct on this assumption, but it's the only thing that makes sense so far.

I have gotten frustrated with this of course, since I got all the features working, but with these issues, and I know it isn't good to use my vehicle until I get it fixed. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about and can help. Thank you in advance!

oakleyg 01-18-2009 02:53 AM

RE: Clarion Ungo SR6000 Alarm/Remote Start issues on '01 Blazer

How could the idata bypass not work did you program it right? And its only one wire to hook it up.

HowlingX 01-18-2009 11:28 AM

I had it flashed when I bought it for my vehicle, then hook it to #2 pin off of OBDII connector, then the power, ground and I believe the blue/white wire for the remote start. When that was all hooked up and programmedas instructed, the remote start would not activate, telling me the factory alarm was inhibiting. When I called the alarm shop I bought it from they said that the bypass doesn't always work, and that's when I went to the resistor between the yellow and red wires off of the Passlock system, which is causing the current problems.

oakleyg 01-18-2009 12:40 PM

For that unit theres the orange for the obd2 connector, pink for ignition input, then power, ground, and the blue white has to be connected to ground when running. And then you have to put the idata in standard mode.

HowlingX 01-18-2009 01:30 PM

You're right, I forgot about that one. When I had it hooked up, it still didn't work, but I'm not sure if I got the right wire for ignition input. Is that referring to the input from the Passlock 2? ie. the small yellow wire? I'm about to go out and try it again before I put it all back to normal so I can drive it.
<Edit>
I hooked back up the Idatalink bypass, and the remote start will start the engine, then immediately die. If I understand this alarm correctly, I shouldn't be changing any other settings, correct me if I'm wrong. When I did the resistor on the wires, it remote started great, but then caused the problems above. Is there anything that I'm missing?
<Edit once more>
Okay, so I took a breather, thought about it, and all it was, was I was using the wrong wire on my alarm system for the ground out while running. Works fantastic.