Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Double Din (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/double-din-94206/)

Jefflego 03-06-2017 05:29 PM

Double Din

2004 blazer here

it looks like the stock radio unit is a double din,

i recently got a double din Boss head unit part# BV9364B and it seems to be slightly bigger but still in the same ball park with the stock being only a few mm wider......now, I have no problem trimming the bezel to what I need it to be,

but before I removed the bezel, are there any pointers/tips anyone has?

read another forum about installation not being hard at all, pretty straight forward

chevyriders 03-06-2017 05:35 PM

not too difficult at all, just a few 7mm screws on the bottom of the dash bezel, and the rest is clips. i forget if 04's still had column shift or not, but if it does you'll need to move the shifter all the way down to the 1st gear position, and tilt the steering wheel all the way down to finagle the dash bezel all the way out

Jefflego 03-06-2017 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 674452)
not too difficult at all, just a few 7mm screws on the bottom of the dash bezel, and the rest is clips. i forget if 04's still had column shift or not, but if it does you'll need to move the shifter all the way down to the 1st gear position, and tilt the steering wheel all the way down to finagle the dash bezel all the way out

Great, sounds easy enough...

since it'll be my first time installing I imagine it might take an hour or two.....

chevyriders 03-06-2017 06:11 PM

yep, shouldn't take too long. itll probably take more time to wire the harness in than anything

Jefflego 03-08-2017 06:08 PM

Update:

you were totally right it's definitely easy to install, also it fits successfully

the only issue is, the antenna port on the new radio is slightly too big...also the wire harness that came with the new unit seems to have less colors but the same amount of wires

for example: in a blazer/jimmy there are speakers in each of the 4 doors....on the new harness, each colored wire for each speaker has 2 wires

basically what I want to know is, is there an antenna adapter I could buy, and is there a kind of harness adapter, or let me know of any other fixes

chevyriders 03-08-2017 06:20 PM

glad it went well, you should be able to buy the antenna adapter anywhere that sells mobile electronics. they also sell wiring kits made for different vehicles so the wiring will match and make wiring it simple. try advanced/autozone/bestbuy or a store along those lines.

Jefflego 03-08-2017 07:31 PM

Okay great.

but what if the wiring harness they sell doesn't fit the port for the unit I have?

chevyriders 03-08-2017 07:45 PM

The harness plugs into your factory wiring behind the dash, and will be color coded to match the wiring that came with your new head unit. You will have to splice it into the head unit's wiring. most all aftermarket head units use the same color coding for the wiring, and the harness kits are designed to match it for ease of use

Brian Hinzpeter 03-09-2017 03:53 PM

Post a picture when your all finished of how it looks in the dash.

Jefflego 03-09-2017 06:53 PM

After everything, I returned the head unit....i figured for all the wiring I had to do, I wanted to wait until I got a better unit....the one I have in mind is an android capable of downloading apps and wifi....

definitely worth the wait, I'll update next month when I have it, so exciting