Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

high output alternator

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: high output alternator

ORIGINAL: HCCAFan

Why not buy two batteries? I have 3 amplifiers that draw 180 amps+ each and I don't compete. What should I do? Do you have a link for EA?
what amps are they? they would hafta be pretty massive to draw 180 amps a piece. adding batteries isnt going to help the situation. all it will do is add more loads to your alternator. what you should do is do the big3 upgrade, then buy a HO alt. you shouldnt have any trouble finding an alt that could handle a few massive amps. im running over 2500wrms and my 260amp alt is more than enough. the needle doesnt even move when i got it at full volume with some crazy bass song on. i know there are companies that make 300 400 even 500amp alts. i think EA makes some pretty high amperage ones actually. heres the link...

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

Old 02-26-2006, 02:54 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link. From my name you should know lol. I have a HCCA 2100, 2 HCCA 275s and a PPI Power Class 2100. I've been in the car audio scene long enough to have bought all of these amps brand new so....it's safe to say I've always had power problems.

4low....never buy a capacitor.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HCCAFan

Thanks for the link. From my name you should know lol. I have a HCCA 2100, 2 HCCA 275s and a PPI Power Class 2100. I've been in the car audio scene long enough to have bought all of these amps brand new so....it's safe to say I've always had power problems.

4low....never buy a capacitor.
yeah, im an idiot, i didnt even think about the name, lol. yeah your right, older orions suck alot of current. i had an XTR900 years ago, its built the same as hccas. so, yeah i could prolly see that much current draw. and PPIs are just as bad, esp if theyre older. well def upgrade your big3 to at least 0awg. and youll most def need a HO alt. but definatly dont buy any more bats unless your competing or you like to sit and play your music with the car off. but upgrading the bat under the hood to an optima osnt a bad idea.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i had planned on doing competitions. of course not on the national level but at local shows that are doing it. Its just something fun to do

Old 02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put a Stinger 200 amp alternator into my 99 Blazer. I looked at Excessive Amperage, Stinger and Tsunami. I picked the Stinger based on previous experience with the brand and my lack of knowledge of the other two.

I called and talked to one of the owners of Excessibe Amperage. I strongly considered his alternator, but the cost was almost the same for a 300 amp alternator and a 200 amp alternator from Stinger. That confused me a little. How could the Excessive Amperage alternator cost less and produce more power than the Stinger. I had a friends Stinger 250 amp alternator bench tested and it actually produced 273 amps. With that in mind, I purchased the Stinger and don't regret the decision. Of course, I'm building this vehicle for competition, so keep that in mind.

I hope this helps with your decision!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

how much did you pay for ur stinger alt. audiophyl? and where did you get it?

Old 02-28-2006, 10:23 PM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Retail is $600 and I purchased it through a buddy who owns a shop in Illinois. If you are wanting one, let me know and I can see what I can do for ya!!! Send me a PM

Old 02-28-2006, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran

pm'ed you. thanks

Old 03-01-2006, 01:48 AM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

The other guys alternator was probably cheaper because he wasn't trying to rip you off. Stinger over prices everything I have bought with their name on it and they rebadge other peoples stuff and charge more for it.

Sorry I'm just a little disgruntled after I had to tear my truck apart today to get out a Stinger RCA that went bad for no aparrent reason.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran

get the monster RCA's. they are very nice

Quick Reply: high output alternator